Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 3A State Semi-Finals: #1 Boyle County at #2 Corbin

Who Wins? 78 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Boyle County Rebels
      83%
    • Corbin Redhounds
      16%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I've never had the privilege of seeing either team play this year, but it sure sounds like Reese Smith and Cody Estep are both great game-changing players. We had Chuck Smith over here in Bardstown for a season, which was a privilege, so I'll take Boyle by a score. I remember when Bardstown played over at Corbin in the early 2000's and the entire town seemed like they were at the game 90 minutes prior to kickoff. Impressive. Good luck to both teams.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a more impact player in the state than Reese Smith? I didn't say necessarily the best athlete, but you could argue the best "Big Moment" football player. The kid just makes plays when plays are needed. I'm pulling for Hounds (Family Member on Coaching Staff), but I think Boyle has too many weapons. 35-20 Rebs.

Boyle Co. 28-21.

If Boyle is not the beneficiary of a +4 turnover margin vs Belfry the outcome is much closer than the final score. I think Boyle was very fortunate to be up 13-10 at halftime vs Belfry.

 

I think Boyle is better. I think Boyle needs to come out strong. And I think Boyle needs to play 4 quarters.

 

Boyle 41

Corbin 35

  • Author
Is there a more impact player in the state than Reese Smith? I didn't say necessarily the best athlete, but you could argue the best "Big Moment" football player. The kid just makes plays when plays are needed. I'm pulling for Hounds (Family Member on Coaching Staff), but I think Boyle has too many weapons. 35-20 Rebs.

 

He is so good at the game of football.

 

Somerset had a WR named John Cole who was excellent and set all sorts of records.. went on to Vanderbilt.

 

Reese is like having John Cole on offense while at the same time having an All-State First team D-1 player at Safety as well.

Boyle Co by 10 in a dog fight!

If Boyle is not the beneficiary of a +4 turnover margin vs Belfry the outcome is much closer than the final score. I think Boyle was very fortunate to be up 13-10 at halftime vs Belfry.

 

I think Boyle is better. I think Boyle needs to come out strong. And I think Boyle needs to play 4 quarters.

 

Boyle 41

Corbin 35

 

I agree 100%. Boyle County didn't play their best against Belfry. Credit Belfry of course. The Pirates set the tone early in that game and really dominated. Once Boyle County got going it was clear who the better team was.

I watched both teams this season. This one will be a war. I'll go with Boyle in a tough one.

Corbin is a completely different offensive team this year as opposed to last year. Losing Sizemore was a big loss to the running game, but they returned virtually everyone else on that side of the ball. That being said, the 2 players with the most receiving yards didn't play offensively and their 2 top RB's combined for 6 total carries last season. Now that Estep and Gosselin are close to 100% healthy, they easily have twice the offensive weapons they had last year.

 

They had more losses on the defensive side, but the defense played very timidly last year in the title game, which was a combination of Boyle hitting some big plays early and often and possibly the scheme and personnel changes they implemented just for that game. I expect to see a lot more aggressive defense this year because I believe they learned a lesson or two from not blitzing at all and allowing the QB a clean pocket and all the time he needed to allow Smith to break free. I hope they go back and watch the film when E-town came to town with Todd at QB with all of that talent around him and copy a little of that defensive scheme that allowed them to easily defeat E-town. If the defense doesn't play really well, Estep will have to play the way he did when Corbin put a running clock on Pulaski County in the 2nd quarter earlier this year at Pulaski Co.

He is so good at the game of football.

 

Somerset had a WR named John Cole who was excellent and set all sorts of records.. went on to Vanderbilt.

 

Reese is like having John Cole on offense while at the same time having an All-State First team D-1 player at Safety as well.

 

Agree on this point 100%. John was probably more shifty side to side, while Reese has a good straight ahead burst to separate from defenders.

Agree on this point 100%. John was probably more shifty side to side, while Reese has a good straight ahead burst to separate from defenders.

 

Reese Smith is incredibly skilled from a technical standpoint and with his hands. He is just so precise. Haven't seen many better than him.

Reese Smith is incredibly skilled from a technical standpoint and with his hands. He is just so precise. Haven't seen many better than him.

 

Very few players can take over a game like him.

What impresses me most about Reese is he continues to get better. Cant imagine what he will be like this time next year....or the year after...or the year after. And so on and so on!

Reese Smith has 51 receptions in 11 games this year for 1,172 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.