Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 3A State Semi-Finals: #1 Boyle County at #2 Corbin

Who Wins? 78 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Boyle County Rebels
      83%
    • Corbin Redhounds
      16%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

I have said it before and will say it again... I think he has the potential to be the next Harrison Smith.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone had stated that Corbin's pass defense is suspect at times but they only allow 85 passing yards a game. Of course they haven't played many teams that will pass as much as Boyle County but that's still really good statistics. Unless I'm missing something. Corbin only allows 12 points a game which is tied for 2nd in all of class 3A. This game may come down to the wire.

 

There isn't much difference in both teams coaching philosophies which I find interesting. Both teams are very balanced on offense and execute well. On defense both teams are fundamentally sound, wrap up, and don't give up alot of yards. Statistically speaking, there isn't a whole lot of difference between these teams.

I think Corbin’s strength of schedule has something to do with there defensive stats.

I think Corbin’s strength of schedule has something to do with there defensive stats.

 

They’ve played Mayfield and Beechwood and Pulaski County. All three are still in playoffs.

They’ve played Mayfield and Beechwood and Pulaski County. All three are still in playoffs.

 

And Knox Central also.

Corbin is battled tested. This game is going to be a all out war and anybody that thinks different is fooling themselves. I'm sure this game has been circled since December 1st. 2017 and you can bet the entire town will be at the game to seek revenge! Corbin's record at home is 17-0 the past 2 seasons and has not lost a home game since November 25th. 2016.

 

Asking a team to win on the road in consecutive weeks at Belfry (37-3 playoffs at home) and at Corbin (27-1 over last 28 games at home) is asking a heck of a lot!

Edited by Rebel

Corbin is battled tested. This game is going to be a all out war and anybody that thinks different is fooling themselves. I'm sure this game has been circled since December 1st. 2017 and you can bet the entire town will be at the game to seek revenge! Corbin's record at home is 17-0 the past 2 seasons and has not lost a home game since November 25th. 2016.

 

Asking a team to win on the road in consecutive weeks at Belfry (37-3 playoffs at home) and at Corbin (27-1 over last 28 games at home) is asking a heck of a lot!

 

#RuntheGauntlet

Someone had stated that Corbin's pass defense is suspect at times but they only allow 85 passing yards a game. Of course they haven't played many teams that will pass as much as Boyle County but that's still really good statistics. Unless I'm missing something. Corbin only allows 12 points a game which is tied for 2nd in all of class 3A. This game may come down to the wire.

 

There isn't much difference in both teams coaching philosophies which I find interesting. Both teams are very balanced on offense and execute well. On defense both teams are fundamentally sound, wrap up, and don't give up alot of yards. Statistically speaking, there isn't a whole lot of difference between these teams.

 

I am one of the people who worry about Corbin's pass defense and it's not going to help that a 4 year starter at DB is going to be out. They have some solid players in the defensive backfield, but their top 4 or 5 fastest players do not play on that side of the ball, which is one negative aspect of 2 platooning. They went into the championship game last year with an injury riddled defensive backfield, but everyone has injuries at this time of the year, so someone just needs to step up.

 

The Corbin defense is better suited to stopping teams that mainly run the ball, so lets hope the Hound defense steps up and proves me wrong.

They’ve played Mayfield and Beechwood and Pulaski County. All three are still in playoffs.

 

Yes but I’m not so sure that Boyle wouldn’t put a running clock on every team Corbin has played other than Mayfield, just my opinion of course.

I’m hearing this one may be the WYMT Game of the Week.

I just found out tonight...I'm heading to this game Friday night and bringing a car load of Boyle County fans with me.

I just found out tonight...I'm heading to this game Friday night and bringing a car load of Boyle County fans with me.

 

Hope you have a safe trip.....but a long one back home.:lol2:

Looking like I may not be able to make this game. Will there be a live video stream?

Looking like I may not be able to make this game. Will there be a live video stream?

 

From what I have heard WYMT will broadcast and stream the game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.