Class 3A State Semi-Finals: #1 Boyle County at #2 Corbin

ATLCat

Who Wins?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Boyle County Rebels
    • Corbin Redhounds

A re-match of last year's State Finals except a round earlier and at Corbin's fame Campbell Field.

The Rebels will ride 25-game winning streak after withstanding a valiant effort by Belfry and pulling away in the 4th Quarter.

Corbin enters after leaving little doubt against rival Bell County and will hope QB Chase Estep is the answer they were missing last season.

Who wins in this big-time clash?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a rematch of last season's 3A State Finals Game, #1 Boyle County takes their 13-0 Record to Corbin to battle the 11-1 Red Hounds. This could be one of the best games in the state and has been an anticipated game since last December.

Boyle County accomplished a rare feat to earn their ticket to the semis, walking our of Belfry with a win. The Boyle defense certainly had a right to walk with a swagger after limiting the high power Belfry offense well below their average points per game. Boyle County looks for their defense to lead the way and shut down Corbin's attack.

Corbin punched their ticket in much the same manner. Bell County has scored more points than any other 3A team this season. Corbin's defense stepped up and limited that offense to 16 points.

What are the key's to the game and who wins?

I don’t think we saw Boyle at their best against Belfry.

I think we saw vintage Boyle in the 2nd Half, but I felt like Boyle wasn’t mentally checked into the game or able to match Belfry’s intensity most of the First Half.

Once Boyle had momentum swing their way they seemed to settle in and then pressed the accelerator.

Playing at another raucous environment it will be very important for Boyle to avoid having this happen for a second straight week. Corbin is a better defensive team than Belfry and will no doubt bring their A-game with revenge on their mind.

If Boyle can come out and find a rythmn I am not sure Corbin has enough horses to knock them off.

I will say Boyle 28-14

Saw both teams play earlier this year. Both are very good. Boyle has a little more speed and Corbin is a little more physical. I really liked Corbin's QB (Estep). When things brake down he still finds away to make things happen. Should be a good game.

Not a fan of cross bracketing! Once again Boyle goes on the road to play a state semifinal game in consecutive years. One thing for sure if they where to win their next 2 games they would have earned it.

At LEX Cath to win district

at Belfry (Region)

at Corbin (semi)

Louisville Central @UK

The Rebels will have there work cut out for them this Friday. The hangover from the win over Belfry may take more than 6 days to recover from. If any coaching staff can get the players focused on the job at hand it is Chuck Smith and Co.

Corbin has had the easier path to the semis and look to be near 100% health wise. The wear and tear factor may be the deciding factor in this game.

To me it is to close to call at this point.

It could happen again next year when they move to 4A.

Very realistic possibility. Both team have great younger classes so there appears to be no drop in talent.

Also, there appears to be two threads about this specific game if a Moderator could merge the two.

I will get ragged by some other Boyle folks for saying this but the Rebel D is not what it was last year. That being said I think it's probably good enough to win the next two weeks, there is just not as much room for error this time around. I said last week that if Belfry doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't have several drive killing penalties that the game would come down to the wire and I think that's exactly what would have happened if the fumbles had not come. I liked Boyle's chances of out scoring Belfry in a tight game and I like Boyle's chances again this week of out scoring Corbin. I think this game comes down again to the team that doesn't hurt themselves. Corbin will make plays and Boyle will make plays. I expect a higher scoring game than last years game at Etown. Rebels by 7 !!

I will get ragged by some other Boyle folks for saying this but the Rebel D is not what it was last year. That being said I think it's probably good enough to win the next two weeks, there is just not as much room for error this time around. I said last week that if Belfry doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't have several drive killing penalties that the game would come down to the wire and I think that's exactly what would have happened if the fumbles had not come. I liked Boyle's chances of out scoring Belfry in a tight game and I like Boyle's chances again this week of out scoring Corbin. I think this game comes down again to the team that doesn't hurt themselves. Corbin will make plays and Boyle will make plays. I expect a higher scoring game than last years game at Etown. Rebels by 7 !!

Overall I agree with you. However, on that same token you have to credit Boyle County for the turnovers.