Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 94 Transylvania 66

Featured Replies

Kinda uninspired play it seemed, at least when I was paying attention.

Cats looked great the 1st 15 minutes. Then meh....

Cats looked great the 1st 15 minutes. Then meh....

 

I can handle that. Don't want to put everything on display right now. I didn't see the game, but I'm sure they're better than what they showed.

I can handle that. Don't want to put everything on display right now. I didn't see the game, but I'm sure they're better than what they showed.

I hope so. Defense was pretty lame but first game and also exhibition. When it gets real on November 6th Duke would eat them alive with their defensive effort last night.

Can anyone on this UK team shoot? They went 1-13 on three pointers in this game.

I hope that was an anomaly. I’m hoping that might be one of their strong points this year. I don’t think Herro will have many off shooting nights like this game very often. Quickly and Johnson could also be good 3 shooters.

Can anyone on this UK team shoot? They went 1-13 on three pointers in this game.

 

 

People said the same thing after their first Bahamas game and then they shot great the rest of the time. This team will be just fine when it comes to shooting the ball. They may end up being one of the best shooting teams he has had.

Can anyone on this UK team shoot? They went 1-13 on three pointers in this game.

This will be one of Cals best shooting teams.

Can anyone on this UK team shoot? They went 1-13 on three pointers in this game.

 

Best three point looks are in transition and kicks outs from bigs. In games against teams like Transy, you aren't getting many of those. You're getting dunks in transition and your bigs can score at will, so no need to kick out.

 

I am not concerned.

I hope so. Defense was pretty lame but first game and also exhibition. When it gets real on November 6th Duke would eat them alive with their defensive effort last night.
I certainly agree. Defense … better stated, lack there of was at best horrible. I'm not upset at all, the defense is always really bad early. I do however look for that to improve and maybe faster than it has in some previous years. All years see the Freshmen that's never had to play defense to win time to learn, get the message. Bench time is the best motivator for playing as hard and/or harder on defense than with the ball. This team has returning players and imo it will take less time for Cal / staff working on his lineup combinations.

One thing that impressed me with them in the Bahamas was the talking on the floor, letting each other know on help defense and switching and not as many "deer in headlights" look.

As for Duke, they probably may very well eat us up on 11/6, especially on defense. I want to win on the 6th but when I really want to get Duke is deep in March / NCAAA tourney which I have a feeling that matchup will be set to possibly, probably happen.

Edited by oldrambler

I certainly agree. Defense … better stated, lack there of was at best horrible. I'm not upset at all, the defense is always really bad early. I do however look for that to improve and maybe faster than it has in some previous years. All years see the Freshmen that's never had to play defense to win time to learn, get the message. Bench time is the best motivator for playing as hard and/or harder on defense than with the ball. This team has returning players and imo it will take less time for Cal / staff working on his lineup combinations.

One thing that impressed me with them in the Bahamas was the talking on the floor, letting each other know on help defense and switching and not as many "deer in headlights" look.

As for Duke, they probably may very well eat us up on 11/6, especially on defense. I want to win on the 6th but when I really want to get Duke is deep in March / NCAAA tourney which I have a feeling that matchup will be set to possibly, probably happen.

 

Duke is a lot younger than us, and will rely basically on all freshman. So if you are worried about UK's defense. Chances are Duke's defense will be even worst. That is one thing Coach Cal has done much better than Coach K has done, and that is getting freshman to play defense. Coach K since he has started going with the one and done types the last few yeas. Usually has to go away from man to man defense, and has to play only zone because his teams have been that bad on defense the last few years besides in zone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.