Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is this the "Beginning of the End" for Kentucky High School Sports?

Featured Replies

Those who wouldn't classify e-gaming as a sport, what about trap shooting? What physical ability or skill is that using? The ability to pull a trigger? Sounds a lot like hitting a button to me.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
:lol2: It's obvious you've never played video games.

 

Maybe he is a Pong and Space Invaders kind of guy and jumped ship when Galaga starting doing those crazy flips and raining down on him.

 

Hey @oldgrappler how about this one: :rolleyes:

Maybe he is a Pong and Space Invaders kind of guy and jumped ship when Galaga starting doing those crazy flips and raining down on him.

 

Hey @oldgrappler how about this one: :rolleyes:

 

I miss those games!

  • Author
I miss those games!

 

Me too and I am taking Pacman over the Corral too!

Man! You guys are cracking me up ... @PP92, I get the "e" part of it. I am just being crotchety, and half kidding.

 

Those who wouldn't classify e-gaming as a sport, what about trap shooting? What physical ability or skill is that using? The ability to pull a trigger? Sounds a lot like hitting a button to me.

 

Trap and skeet shooting is definitely a sport. It is developing the very valuable skill of being able to follow a fowl in the air to put dinner on the table. The American Sportsman with the iconic Curt Gowdy was a great show following the outdoor sports of hunting and fishing. Trap and skeet shooting is training for that. I loved that show. Watch an episode on youtube. Marlin fishing always seemed like a fun sport.

 

Maybe he is a Pong and Space Invaders kind of guy and jumped ship when Galaga starting doing those crazy flips and raining down on him.

 

Hey @oldgrappler how about this one: :rolleyes:

 

I have enjoyed many a moment playing a video game. Not so much any more. But I never claimed to be an athlete doing so.

 

That emoji works for me, @theguru. As I said, I was in a hurry. :rolleyes:

 

Me too and I am taking Pacman over the Corral too!

 

Pick another all-you-can-eat buffet that you like and substitute it for Golden Corral and my point will stand. :lol2: :lol2:

 

Is there a video game with a dinosaur in it? I might enjoy that one.

 

You guys crack me up. :lol2:

I'm sorry but I can't see where a computer game is a sport.......maybe a contest but not a sport. More like checkers or a fiction writing contest.

 

Is billiards a sport?

I am not sure anyone is claiming that video games are sports? It is called esports, which is different.

I was just reading about this is the paper today. I think it is a terrible idea.

  • Author
I was just reading about this is the paper today. I think it is a terrible idea.

 

The "paper" :lol2: only two months behind.

I am not sure anyone is claiming that video games are sports? It is called esports, which is different.

 

As pointed out in the OP, the Kentucky High School "Athletic" Association is considering video games a sport. Does the KHSAA regulate academic competitions and debates?

Sure to start but esports will only grow and grow.

 

How long will it be before we have AAU E-Sports?

 

Elite E-Sports players are already on teams and getting paid.

Trap and skeet shooting is definitely a sport. It is developing the very valuable skill of being able to follow a fowl in the air to put dinner on the table. The American Sportsman with the iconic Curt Gowdy was a great show following the outdoor sports of hunting and fishing. Trap and skeet shooting is training for that. I loved that show. Watch an episode on youtube. Marlin fishing always seemed like a fun sport.

 

You say you never claimed to be an athlete while playing video games, but skeet/trap shooting doesn't take any more "athletic ability" than playing a video game does, and some video games take just as much hand-eye coordination. Because one is outside and one is on a screen, that makes one a sport and the other not?

I beg to differ.

 

I figured you would.

 

How do you see skeet shooting being more athletic than playing video games?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.