Highlands 41 South Oldham 19

Birdsfan

You just make the call.:banana: :thumb: I think they call that an itchy trigger finger.:lol:

Great job BF, and to the rest of the crew, watch out, looks like there's a new sheriff in town.:eek:

Now to tell you the truth, I couldn't actually see any of the touchdowns. I relied on a highly trained crew of spotters that would relay back to me (and my ammo man) when a touchdown was scored. Then, and only then, I would fire.

So blame those guys! :banana:

And that's where they told me to set up. We weren't using the cord, I was firing macho-style (by hand).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Birds took care of business in the first half. They started out a little shaky. It looked like South Oldham was going to really make a game of it. But the Birds finally got it in gear and went out to a 41-0 halftime lead. The rookies came in for the second half and gave up a TD on a missed punt snap. South Oldham went on to put up two more scores before it was over.

On a personal note: Thank you Henry521 and Leatherneck for setting things up for me tonight -- it was awesome and I'll never forget it!!!

And thanks to all the guys over there that kept me from killing a bystander...or myself! :thumb:

GO BIRDS!!! TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS

IN PARK HILLS NEXT WEEK!!!

Glad you enjoyed Birdsfan. It actually is a lot of fun. You have joined a pretty select group of folks on the Cannon Crew. Maybe some day, if I'm nice to Henry, I'll get to fire the cannon.

There you go again LN....always wanting to go "shooting off" something! By the Way...does your old man still have the elephant gun? I bet that sounds like a cannon...and kicks like one,too! The Baby Birds got alot of flying last night!! Alford, Collinsworth looked real good carrying the ball !! Lot of wounded Birds on the sidelines (someone counted 8??) Hope they are just "getting healthy" for next weeks "titanic battle".

There you go again LN....always wanting to go "shooting off" something! By the Way...does your old man still have the elephant gun? I bet that sounds like a cannon...and kicks like one,too! The Baby Birds got alot of flying last night!! Alford, Collinsworth looked real good carrying the ball !! Lot of wounded Birds on the sidelines (someone counted 8??) Hope they are just "getting healthy" for next weeks "titanic battle".

Pops still has it. We were never really sure why he bought that. Not like there are many elephants in the wilds of Kentucky. But he's ready if we ever have a pachyderm infestation.

Austin and Travis did look good running the ball. Your son did a nice job blocking also.

This was a different game than 2 weeks ago. After a sluggish start the Birds pretty much had their way with the Dragons. O line waas blowing open huge hole for the backs. #40 for SO was nuetralized the whole game. I think I noticed a little different look on D. Good game Birds. Big week. Beat CovCath!

Hey...shout out to the DEFENSE!! Sluggish start but turned it way up to LEVEL 10!! Simons brought back memories '75 when #43 ruled the D backfield like a MONSTER! Bathiany and Head improved immensely in coverage this week. And Koester took #40 completely to "non-factor" status. Payback is sweet revenge...let's go "dancin' on the C" !!

Bathiany and Head improved immensely in coverage this week. And Koester took #40 completely to "non-factor" status. Payback is sweet revenge...let's go "dancin' on the C" !!

Wouldn't that have something to do with Bovard and Sutton not being on the opposition?