Highlands 41 South Oldham 19

Birdsfan

I am not that naive LN... I understand many read this site as they should. I was only trying to say that during an important week like this one, the players should stay focused and not get too far caught up in what BGP'ers are saying. Some posts can be pretty idiotic and for some high schoolers it can be detrimental to their mental psyche.

I applaud many parents of athletes on here because it must be extremely difficult to read some of the things posted about their kids without wanting to jump through the screen.

I would also assume that your son's intrinsic motivation for this game will be ample enough to get the job done.

While I think "idiotic" is too strong of a word, I do know of a lot of parents that won't get on here because of posts made by people who really don't have a clue what is going on in their sons' program. However, I'm one of those bull headed people who won't go away.

Perhaps its the lawyer in me that causes me to be very, very careful and cautious in what I say and write. Perhaps the posts on here won't result in extra motivation of a rival, but why take the chance? Who knows what is going to cause an opposing player to give that last little bit of extra effort that results in a game winning play? Why chance it? While the Ru might not like me posting this, I believe the less said on here about opposing players and our players the week we play CovCath the better. Just my thoughts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think "idiotic" is too strong of a word, I do know of a lot of parents that won't get on here because of posts made by people who really don't have a clue what is going on in their sons' program. However, I'm one of those bull headed people who won't go away.

Perhaps its the lawyer in me that causes me to be very, very careful and cautious in what I say and write. Perhaps the posts on here won't result in extra motivation of a rival, but why take the chance? Who knows what is going to cause an opposing player to give that last little bit of extra effort that results in a game winning play? Why chance it? While the Ru might not like me posting this, I believe the less said on here about opposing players and our players the week we play CovCath the better. Just my thoughts.

True...true..... speculation is fun..... downplaying the opponent is not smart. Idiotic may have been too strong....... nothing wrong with being bullheaded by the way...it works for my wife. :D

True...true..... speculation is fun..... downplaying the opponent is not smart. Idiotic may have been too strong....... nothing wrong with being bullheaded by the way...it works for my wife. :D

I'd make a post pointing out my wife is even more bull headed than I am, but she may see it:banana:

I think this thread is about Highlands vs. South Oldham. You guys need to take it to the Highlands vs. Cov. Cath predictions thread.

I was just thinking the same thing after my last post. IN fact...this thread is history....they can lock it down.