October 1, 20188 yr Seriously? What type of plays do you want them to use Eifert for? It was a pass play and an unfortunate injury. That is not on Marvin or anyone else. If Eifert is going to play, he plays and you use him. This is a physical game. I can't think of a winning approach that can protect your starting tight end other than replacing him with his backup.
October 1, 20188 yr That is a nasty break that most likely could be a career ender. I've seen people carted off the field before, and never got the impression that I got from Eifert today. I think he firmly believed he had played his last down in the NFL. Now, maybe that's just a heat-of-the-moment reaction. Maybe the doctors will give him a prognosis that changes his mind. But he had the look of someone who was leaving the game...forever.
October 1, 20188 yr Dalton looks way better this season and has played more confidently. I'm not as worried about the defense since it was against Atlanta and on the road, but they will have to play better in other games. The Bengals are off to a better start than I anticipated.
October 1, 20188 yr That's great for the Ravens. The Ravens haven't drafted that great in a long time. Hence why they had to go strong in free agency this year too. So what the Ravens drafted means very little to me. The Bengals shown last year, their backup tight ends arent bad at all. There was no reason to draft a TE. I have zero problem with how they have chosen to draft over the last 8 years. Now next draft they probably should. All 3 TEs are free agents. If I was them I would try to sign Uzomah back, sign Eifert to a small 2 year incentive heavy contract and then draft a TE. Offensive line, TE, CB. You should be concerned because those TE's are flat out whipping the Steelers butt tonight.
October 1, 20188 yr You should be concerned because those TE's are flat out whipping the Steelers butt tonight. The Ravens drafted TEs because they needed TEs. The Bengals had no reason to draft a TE last year, because they saw their backup TEs did very well. It wasnt a need. It was a need for the Ravens. Oh I forgot to add. The Bengals already beat the Ravens and those TEs you speak of.
October 1, 20188 yr I've seen people carted off the field before, and never got the impression that I got from Eifert today. I think he firmly believed he had played his last down in the NFL. Now, maybe that's just a heat-of-the-moment reaction. Maybe the doctors will give him a prognosis that changes his mind. But he had the look of someone who was leaving the game...forever. It could be that. Or just the feeling of not again. Another year of having to rehab and not getting to play games. At some point it just has to be an emotional drain to keep having injuries that take you out.
October 1, 20187 yr This is a huge road win for the Bengals. I know Atlanta is 1-3 now, but they've had an insanely tough 4 weeks. @PHI, CAR, NO, CIN....All 3 losses have been by less than a TD. Bengals have to be quietly giddy that they were able to navigate a tough 4 weeks with a 3-1 record without Burfict. If he can stay on the field, which is about as likely as me suiting up this Sunday, they immediately become a top-tier defense IMO. Dalton looks better this season than I can ever remember. Running game did surprisingly well without Mixon the last two weeks and Tyler Boyd has quietly emerged as a #1 WR (obviously #2 with AJ out there). I feel bad for Eifert, but dude is done. He needs to hang em up. I don't think they'll miss him all that much going forward. Bengals appear to be right up there with KC, TEN, JAX, & NE as the class of the AFC. Probably throw Baltimore in there too. That's probably going to be the 6 AFC playoff teams if things keep going the way they appear to be headed.
October 1, 20187 yr This is a huge road win for the Bengals. I know Atlanta is 1-3 now, but they've had an insanely tough 4 weeks. @PHI, CAR, NO, CIN....All 3 losses have been by less than a TD. Bengals have to be quietly giddy that they were able to navigate a tough 4 weeks with a 3-1 record without Burfict. If he can stay on the field, which is about as likely as me suiting up this Sunday, they immediately become a top-tier defense IMO. Dalton looks better this season than I can ever remember. Running game did surprisingly well without Mixon the last two weeks and Tyler Boyd has quietly emerged as a #1 WR (obviously #2 with AJ out there). I feel bad for Eifert, but dude is done. He needs to hang em up. I don't think they'll miss him all that much going forward. Bengals appear to be right up there with KC, TEN, JAX, & NE as the class of the AFC. Probably throw Baltimore in there too. That's probably going to be the 6 AFC playoff teams if things keep going the way they appear to be headed. Completely agree with everything, especially Dalton. He just looks like a much more confident passer. In the past in big games, or big moments he seemed to press. Now he seems relaxed and just balling out. I know he had a great 2015 season. However everything around him was also very good. He had a very good line, WR's, defense, etc. This year the defense hasn't started off great, the Oline is still not that good, and yet Dalton is stepping up and making big plays. In the past he always had to have everything around him almost be perfect for him to do well. This year he is making plays on his own. Very impressive!
October 1, 20187 yr Completely agree with everything, especially Dalton. He just looks like a much more confident passer. In the past in big games, or big moments he seemed to press. Now he seems relaxed and just balling out. I know he had a great 2015 season. However everything around him was also very good. He had a very good line, WR's, defense, etc. This year the defense hasn't started off great, the Oline is still not that good, and yet Dalton is stepping up and making big plays. In the past he always had to have everything around him almost be perfect for him to do well. This year he is making plays on his own. Very impressive! I don't think he was any good, but have to wonder if not having the fan's favorite player, McCarron around has actually helped him. He definitely seems more in control/calmer this season than in the past.
October 1, 20187 yr The big changes I see with AD is noticeable. He does seem more confident and his demeanor shows it. I believe much of it is just experience, but Lazor seems to have developed an offense with AD in mind. Also, Van Pelt, who spent a few years as Rodgers QB coach, seems to have helped, also. Maybe it is me, but AD seems much stronger. The few times he has rolled to his right and thrown dimes on the run was not something he ever did much or maybe never did. I have always thought he was good enough, but to be fair he has not gotten them over the prime time hump. Maybe, just maybe he is getting there.
October 2, 20187 yr The big changes I see with AD is noticeable. He does seem more confident and his demeanor shows it. I believe much of it is just experience, but Lazor seems to have developed an offense with AD in mind. Also, Van Pelt, who spent a few years as Rodgers QB coach, seems to have helped, also. Maybe it is me, but AD seems much stronger. The few times he has rolled to his right and thrown dimes on the run was not something he ever did much or maybe never did. I have always thought he was good enough, but to be fair he has not gotten them over the prime time hump. Maybe, just maybe he is getting there. Agreed!
October 2, 20187 yr Dalton has been much improved going to his left and throwing (more than I could remember). Probably has to do with confidence in more than one receiver (e.g. Boyd).
October 2, 20187 yr Dalton has been much improved going to his left and throwing (more than I could remember). Probably has to do with confidence in more than one receiver (e.g. Boyd). I think Boyd is to Dalton what Houshmanzadah was to Palmer...a reliable guy who may not get the glorious deep routes the way AJ or Chad did, but moves the chains when it's needed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.