September 30, 20188 yr My question why run that play and put Eifert in that position, Marvin said in preseason you can’t do the same things you used to do with him!! Seriously? What type of plays do you want them to use Eifert for? It was a pass play and an unfortunate injury. That is not on Marvin or anyone else. If Eifert is going to play, he plays and you use him.
September 30, 20188 yr Author Seriously? What type of plays do you want them to use Eifert for? It was a pass play and an unfortunate injury. That is not on Marvin or anyone else. If Eifert is going to play, he plays and you use him. Absolutely serious, as I said, Marvin said in preseason you can’t do some of the stuff you used to with him, I thought that would be one of the plays you’d get rid of with him, just something I think you have to think of as a coach, him just being on the field puts a lot of stress on the def, don’t worry, he won’t be playing anymore now!
September 30, 20188 yr Absolutely serious, as I said, Marvin said in preseason you can’t do some of the stuff you used to with him, I thought that would be one of the plays you’d get rid of with him, just something I think you have to think of as a coach, him just being on the field puts a lot of stress on the def, don’t worry, he won’t be playing anymore now! I have no problem with the play. It was a simple TE screen. Meaning they thought he would be wide open and would have blockers in front of him. Falcons just happened to read it perfectly. Just bad luck..
September 30, 20188 yr Absolutely serious, as I said, Marvin said in preseason you can’t do some of the stuff you used to with him, I thought that would be one of the plays you’d get rid of with him, just something I think you have to think of as a coach, him just being on the field puts a lot of stress on the def, don’t worry, he won’t be playing anymore now! So don’t use him to catch passes? I’m confused what exactly you want to get rid of. He caught a pass and got hurt 5 yards down field on the run after the catch. You just have an issue with Marvin and will look for anything you think you can blame on him. Eifert got hurt running after he caught a pass. That’s not on Marvin or anyone else.
September 30, 20188 yr I will take this one. I had negatve feelings the whole way. Beasley ate up Glenn near the end of the game and AD just stayed in there and made plays. That is the latest AD has had a TD pass to win a game in regulation. I am real concerned about the defense, but I do know the Facons has as good an offense as there is in the NFL. I agree with @nkypete, 1-1 through the NFC South on the road.is a positive. 3-1, with 3 of those road games. Hold home fild pick up a couple more wins on the rod and take your chances.
September 30, 20188 yr Author So don’t use him to catch passes? I’m confused what exactly you want to get rid of. He caught a pass and got hurt 5 yards down field on the run after the catch. You just have an issue with Marvin and will look for anything you think you can blame on him. Eifert got hurt running after he caught a pass. That’s not on Marvin or anyone else. That’s not on Marvin, it’s on Lazor, who’s done a great job!!! I’m saying as a coach you have to assess risk/reward, just like Dalton trying to make the tackle a few years ago, one play is not worth it guys and that play puts him in a high risk position with all the traffic, not a smart play call in my opinion, guess we’ll just agree to disagree. (By the way, I’m sitting with a football coach of 32 years that feels the same as I do!!)
September 30, 20188 yr That’s not on Marvin, it’s on Lazor, who’s done a great job!!! I’m saying as a coach you have to assess risk/reward, just like Dalton trying to make the tackle a few years ago, one play is not worth it guys and that play puts him in a high risk position with all the traffic, not a smart play call in my opinion, guess we’ll just agree to disagree. (By the way, I’m sitting with a football coach of 32 years that feels the same as I do!!) If you can’t use Eifert on a play like that, then he has no business being on the field.
September 30, 20188 yr Author If you can’t use Eifert on a play like that, then he has no business being on the field. He’s worth it if they only used him in the red zone, so valuable there!! So you think Dalton should’ve tried to make that tackle a few years ago??
September 30, 20188 yr He’s worth it if they only used him in the red zone, so valuable there!! So you think Dalton should’ve tried to make that tackle a few years ago?? No I don’t. Dalton is the franchise QB right now and that is a play that’s not in his normal duties. Catching a pass is in Eifert’s duties.
September 30, 20188 yr Author No I don’t. Dalton is the franchise QB right now and that is a play that’s not in his normal duties. Catching a pass is in Eifert’s duties. So is tackling the other team when they have the ball for everybody but I agree, no way Dalton should’ve tried that!! The greatest talent a coach can have in any sport is putting his players in the best position possible to be successful for the team, they didn’t do that today when they called that play for Eifert, not a good play call for him anymore, 1 play is not worth it just like Dalton!!
September 30, 20188 yr He’s worth it if they only used him in the red zone, so valuable there!! So you think Dalton should’ve tried to make that tackle a few years ago?? Yes absolutely he should have tried to make that tackle. Every qb in the nfl would try to make that tackle. Because the interception literally happened two feet in front of him. Every qb would and should try to make that tackle. Because that honestly was one of the easiest tackles a QB could make after an interception. Wasnt like he had to run it down, get off blocks or tackle a guy who was running full speed. Shoot the tackle Dalton had on the interception on the first pass of the year, had more risk involved than the tackle he broke his thumb on. Because the Colts player was running full speed ahead. That was simply bad luck when he broke his thumb, because it wasnt really a hard tackle or mucb risk. Much like this was just more bad luck, and wasnt high risk as you stated.
September 30, 20188 yr So is tackling the other team when they have the ball for everybody but I agree, no way Dalton should’ve tried that!! The greatest talent a coach can have in any sport is putting his players in the best position possible to be successful for the team, they didn’t do that today when they called that play for Eifert, not a good play call for him anymore, 1 play is not worth it just like Dalton!! Eifert has a back injury. Every play over the middle he runs is more high risk for the hits he will take. Shoot every time he is on the line to block is more high risk for injury than the play he got hurt on today. It was simply bad luck.
September 30, 20188 yr Author Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree, sometimes you have to pick your battles and sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war later.
October 1, 20188 yr Great road win. At the end of the season, this may be the game that puts us in the playoffs. Welcome back Burfit, we need you. Sumo, could not agree more. BUT! With his propensity to be so aggressive (coupled with his rep earning high subjective scrutiny by refs) will the new targeting rules put him on the bench early and often? Sure hope he is wiser than I fear.
October 1, 20188 yr While the Bengals came out with the win, huge loss in Eifert going down. That is a nasty break that most likely could be a career ender.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.