Ryle/Dixie: The Rematch

cshs81

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR22, some things you say are very true but others are totally off base. I did not see last year's game but I know that Ryle did not dominate offensively. I did see the 2004 game and Ryle did not dominate offensively in the game at Ryle. The 2003 game at Dixie seemed pretty even offensively. So, please do not exaggerate to make a point. Ryle did dominate offensively last week and made enough mistakes (lost 7 points on kicking game, TD called back, etc.) to keep it close and did not score at the 1-yard line at game's end. Could have easily been a 37-17 game.

Your making my point for me. I don't think that many would argue that Ryle has been the better team in many of the matchups with Dixie Heights. Let me correct that, Ryle has had better talent in many of the matchups. But they have made just enough mistakes to "keep it close" in those matchups, coming out on the losing end all but once. Ryle did play well offensively last year, they just made a lot of mistakes to "keep it close". I think this year's Ryle team is different though. I just don't understand all of the Raider fans beating their chest over this win though. Bottom line, it doesn't mean a thing unless you win this week. IMO, we still have plenty left to prove before sticking our chests out...........like winning a playoff game, or how about the district(we made just enough mistakes to lose that the last 2 years also). My point is that Dixie is a good ballclub who has given us fits, even when we are the "better team." Any way you slice it, a 2 point win doesn't say, dominating performance. But then again, a 2 point win is always better than a 2 point loss. I think Ryle has a talented team, but if you make enough mistakes, "keeping it close", sometimes a lesser foe can sneak up on you. Dixe will bring their "A" game, I just want to make sure that we do the same. But, QB or not, I'd be shocked if this one was decided by more than 2 td's and wasn't close throughout. It's always tougher the 2nd time around.

Assuming Bricking is out, I'll be shocked if Dixie scores more than 10 points.

Why would ya be shocked ? How long has Spritzky been around ? If anything this TEAM is pulling together big time !!!!!!:ylsuper: Sometimes it takes something like the QB going out to wake a team up ! The O-line is taking this one personally !:fire: With Big Koski and Neugent coming back full time from injuries . The team picks up alot on the O side . And do remember , DIXIE PRIDE !!!:fight: :fight: :fight:

Sandman has arisen. The same Sandman that called for Simon Kenton over Ryle in a close one. My how bad he sounds. Dixie wanted more than anything to host the playoff rematch. Who are you kidding? Last week was not a real game - I guess that's the party line this week???? Or, was it that Sorrell did not try to shut down the Raiders last week (375 yards T.O. for Ryle). Nice try, Sandman. The Raiders welcome Dixie to our house again.

This is not fantasy football you do not get points for yardage they held a good ryle offense to 16 points. That is all that matters how many points you give up not how many yards.

Why would ya be shocked ? How long has Spritzky been around ? If anything this TEAM is pulling together big time !!!!!!:ylsuper: Sometimes it takes something like the QB going out to wake a team up ! The O-line is taking this one personally !:fire: With Big Koski and Neugent coming back full time from injuries . The team picks up alot on the O side . And do remember , DIXIE PRIDE !!!:fight: :fight: :fight:

Red, let me give you a big salute for being such a loyal and positive Dixie PRIDE fan. Every school needs supporters like you and you are to be commended. I always feel like I'm at a pep rally when I read your posts.

Now , let me answer your question as to why I would be shocked. Bricking obviously gives DIXIE a more open offense and a 2nd threat to the running game. As a matter of fact, the pass sets up the running game and not the other way around as it is at many schools. WITHOUT him, though, Ryle stacks the box and dares Dixie to throw. Can they throw without Bricking? You would know better than I but my impression is "not very effectively." If they cannot pass, Maroney et al have a long night and Dixie doesn't score many points IMO.

Should I be wrong, I will gladly have you serve me a big plate full of DIXIE PRIDE crow.;)

Guys why do we have to keep getting on here and putt down one another with this or that. The point of the matter is Dixie will storm into Raider Stadium mad as hell and with something to prove. Ryle still won't have the bad taste out of their mouth they recieved from Dixie last year. I think this will be a battle. The one who makes fewer mistakes will prevail. Ryle has to have an answer for their passing game. and Dixie will have to have an answer for the running game of Ryle.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

With or without Bricking, Dixie is still a tough squad! Raider fans lets not look over anyone and lets not give Dixie in locker room material!

Thanks Old School 33 - I was trying to collect my thoughts before posting - both squads will come out with something to prove - Ryle is NOT looking past Dixie and word is Bricking will be playing - with or without him Dixie will come with something to prove - Ryle just needs to execute and not make any stupid mistakes -

Thanks Old School 33 - I was trying to collect my thoughts before posting - both squads will come out with something to prove - Ryle is NOT looking past Dixie and word is Bricking will be playing - with or without him Dixie will come with something to prove - Ryle just needs to execute and not make any stupid mistakes -

Lets call it what it is. Ryle needs to come out hateful. Thats what it will be about. Physical destruction in the trenches.

Just curious Ryle fans...what was the score of Highlands-Ryle and CovCath-Ryle?:confused:

Irrelevant (yes, I get your point) since Dixie and Ryle have now played head-to-head. Ryle could have played 10 Little Sisters of the Poor and it now does not matter.

Lets call it what it is. Ryle needs to come out hateful. Thats what it will be about. Physical destruction in the trenches.

Not a good idea. I've seen plenty of "hateful" teams go down in flames over the years."hateful" teams usually play out of control and lose focus. Ryle needs to play their game and limit mistakes. If they do that, they have a very good chance to win. Thats all you can ask for.