Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/Dixie: The Rematch

Featured Replies

Ryle wins the rematch 21-14.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's only 5 completions a game. If Ryle gets behind in a game and has to resort to passing, is their passing attack good enough to do so? I really don't know. That's why I said their passing attack is so-so.

 

You're right....Ryle has not had to throw to stay in games this year. I think as the playoffs go we will see if they can really do it. I mis-understood you, my bad:D

  • Author
That's only 5 completions a game. If Ryle gets behind in a game and has to resort to passing, is their passing attack good enough to do so? I really don't know. That's why I said their passing attack is so-so.

 

He was hurt and missed the beginning of the season. I'm guessing he missed 4 games.

He was hurt and missed the beginning of the season. I'm guessing he missed 4 games.

He was back for all 7 district games...

He was hurt and missed the beginning of the season. I'm guessing he missed 4 games.

 

 

That's right, my bad. I forgot he injured his jaw in the preseason. Still, that's only 7 completions a game. It's still an unknown if they can pass the ball when behind.

I'll tell you right now that WE/RYLE DO NOT have the ability to get back in the ball game if behind by the passing game. We don't have any real WR's, and the QB isn't that good of a passer. That's not Ryle's game this year though. They have a speedy defense that can cause turnovers, and a strong running game with 3 different RB's to use. If they play good ball I could see them going somewhere in the playoffs this year, and how the brackets set up, but I'm being realistic and thinking a 3rd round victory would be a more reasonable destination for the Raiders. I don't see them getting past the like of Henderson Co to get the finals, and if we did I know we don't have the slightest chance against either T,Male, or X.

The thing that bothers me most about what each of you are discussing is the fact that our team has to win this week in order to move on. The team needs to focus 110% on this week, win and then focus on next week.

 

I know true Raider fans are hoping for a long deep run into the playoffs and to be playing in the finals, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. We did that last year.

 

Go Raiders!!!!

 

Remember What He Built!

The thing that bothers me most about what each of you are discussing is the fact that our team has to win this week in order to move on. The team needs to focus 110% on this week, win and then focus on next week.

 

I know true Raider fans are hoping for a long deep run into the playoffs and to be playing in the finals, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. We did that last year.

 

Go Raiders!!!!

 

Remember What He Built!

 

:thumb:

The thing that bothers me most about what each of you are discussing is the fact that our team has to win this week in order to move on. The team needs to focus 110% on this week, win and then focus on next week.

 

I know true Raider fans are hoping for a long deep run into the playoffs and to be playing in the finals, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. We did that last year.

 

Go Raiders!!!!

 

Remember What He Built!

 

 

:p Keep thinking ahead. ;)

 

 

 

:D

The thing that bothers me most about what each of you are discussing is the fact that our team has to win this week in order to move on. The team needs to focus 110% on this week, win and then focus on next week.

 

I know true Raider fans are hoping for a long deep run into the playoffs and to be playing in the finals, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. We did that last year.

 

Go Raiders!!!!

 

Remember What He Built!

 

That's what I'm talking bout, I've been around this program since it started and I was playing my pee wee ball still. Talk about getting to state, or even talk about making it past the first or second round of the playoffs is like way overboard for us right now. We haven't even sniffed anything yet to be talking about it, and like you said the team needs to pay full attention to what's up this week, because if you don't take care of buisness at this point, there is no next week!

The only thing I see different than the last game is Ryle's winning margin increasing. I look for them to be runner-up in the state championship game on November 30.

 

Like I said before, ain't happenin'.

That's only 5 completions a game. If Ryle gets behind in a game and has to resort to passing, is their passing attack good enough to do so? I really don't know. That's why I said their passing attack is so-so.

That just shows how great Ryle can run the ball, Ryles passing game is very talented with a handful of talented recievers and a great QB at the reigns the caoching staff hasnt let him show his real talent yet!

I'll tell you right now that WE/RYLE DO NOT have the ability to get back in the ball game if behind by the passing game. We don't have any real WR's, and the QB isn't that good of a passer. That's not Ryle's game this year though. They have a speedy defense that can cause turnovers, and a strong running game with 3 different RB's to use. If they play good ball I could see them going somewhere in the playoffs this year, and how the brackets set up, but I'm being realistic and thinking a 3rd round victory would be a more reasonable destination for the Raiders. I don't see them getting past the like of Henderson Co to get the finals, and if we did I know we don't have the slightest chance against either T,Male, or X.

Couldn't agree with you more. We won't win games with our passing attack, that I'll guaruantee. And who are we(ryle) to be talking about playing in the state championship game? We lost in the first round last year, and the year before that, and the year before that....... Let's win a playoff game first. Dixie Heights is a very good football team that played us close last week. Let's keep our focus there for now.

I'll take your word for the analysis. It seems like you don't disagree that Ryle may emerge out of the NKY 4A playoff games. What team in WKY 4A do you think is favored to defeat Ryle? I really think this may be the year Ryle makes it to the big dance in Louisville.

We haven't won a playoff game in well, forever. I don't think that a WKU team is necessarily more talented, maybe more seasoned. And if they can stop the running game then we're in big trouble. Remember the old Boone Co. football? Yeah, we play that brand of offense now.

It's not the Ryle people on here talking about state championship game. Ryle is only focused on Dixie, I can assure you of that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.