Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/Dixie: The Rematch

Featured Replies

I'm going to say Dixie cannont overcome the loss of there starting QB in just one week. Even if he is a go he's going to be sore, and he would likely get hurt again. Ryle's D played pretty well against Dixie and only gave up a late TD that made the closer than what it was shaping up to be. Ryle has nothing to hold back, and I think Vince will get about 25 carries for another 200 yards, and the D to step it up a notch.

 

Ryle 25+

Dixie 10-

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say Dixie cannont overcome the loss of there starting QB in just one week. Even if he is a go he's going to be sore, and he would likely get hurt again. Ryle's D played pretty well against Dixie and only gave up a late TD that made the closer than what it was shaping up to be. Ryle has nothing to hold back, and I think Vince will get about 25 carries for another 200 yards, and the D to step it up a notch.

 

Ryle 25+

Dixie 10-

Score was 9-7? Then 16-7, then 16-14. I wouldn't characterize that as "late" in the sense you are using it. I look for a Dixie win this week. Don't put too much stock in the outcome of last weeks game. This is the real game and we all knew it would be a rematch anyway. No one can possibly think that either side went over the top last week and add to that the Colonel QB getting hurt and no wonder it was a little more vanilla than before. Coaching will win this one. Sorrell's D will shut down the Raiders as usual, and the O will get the job done.

I hope you guys are looking past us, cause we're still good enough to beat anybody on any day of the week.

It's not the Ryle people on here talking about state championship game. Ryle is only focused on Dixie, I can assure you of that.

PB3 is a Raider person thru and thru.

Score was 9-7? Then 16-7, then 16-14. I wouldn't characterize that as "late" in the sense you are using it. I look for a Dixie win this week. Don't put too much stock in the outcome of last weeks game. This is the real game and we all knew it would be a rematch anyway. No one can possibly think that either side went over the top last week and add to that the Colonel QB getting hurt and no wonder it was a little more vanilla than before. Coaching will win this one. Sorrell's D will shut down the Raiders as usual, and the O will get the job done.

I hope you guys are looking past us, cause we're still good enough to beat anybody on any day of the week.

 

I'm sorry but your not good enough to beat anybody on any day of the week. Your record shows it...

I'm sorry but your not good enough to beat anybody on any day of the week. Your record shows it...

A 2 point win in a near meaningless game sure has given you a boost of confidence.:D

 

OK, let me rephrase for you. We're good enough to beat anybody in NKY on any given day. Better? :D

A 2 point win in a near meaningless game sure has given you a boost of confidence.:D

 

OK, let me rephrase for you. We're good enough to beat anybody in NKY on any given day. Better? :D

 

 

 

A 2 point Loss in a near meaningless game sure has given you a boost of confidence..:D

Score was 9-7? Then 16-7, then 16-14. I wouldn't characterize that as "late" in the sense you are using it. I look for a Dixie win this week. Don't put too much stock in the outcome of last weeks game. This is the real game and we all knew it would be a rematch anyway. No one can possibly think that either side went over the top last week and add to that the Colonel QB getting hurt and no wonder it was a little more vanilla than before. Coaching will win this one. Sorrell's D will shut down the Raiders as usual, and the O will get the job done.

I hope you guys are looking past us, cause we're still good enough to beat anybody on any day of the week.

 

Sandman has arisen. The same Sandman that called for Simon Kenton over Ryle in a close one. My how bad he sounds. Dixie wanted more than anything to host the playoff rematch. Who are you kidding? Last week was not a real game - I guess that's the party line this week???? Or, was it that Sorrell did not try to shut down the Raiders last week (375 yards T.O. for Ryle). Nice try, Sandman. The Raiders welcome Dixie to our house again.

PB3 is a Raider person thru and thru.

 

And, he was not talking about a state championship game if you read his post. Sandman sounds desperate to generate bulletin board material to get us Ryle fans ryled up.

PB3 sounds like what you think Sandman is doing is working.....Firing up Ryle fans..:laugh:

 

GO DIXIE :fight:

A 2 point win in a near meaningless game sure has given you a boost of confidence.:D

 

OK, let me rephrase for you. We're good enough to beat anybody in NKY on any given day. Better? :D

I dont know what game you were watching but the score dosent show how much Ryle dominated... there D for most part dominiated and the o was just running the basic stuff nothing out of the ordinary and last but not least Vince Murray! dixie couldnt handle him on offense and on Defense. Ryle dominated.

:scared: Getting a little hostile in here, the Raiders are restless. Let me be the first to say that, unlike some of the Raider fans, I am taking Dixie Heights very seriously. Am I happy its at home? You betcha. Is losing Bricking going to make it tough for Dixie to win? Tougher than if he played. But let's focus on the task at hand here Raiders. I do believe that Ryle is 1-7 against Dixie since 4A started, and that one win was a 2 point win. Say what you want about dominating a game, but that has been the MO for Ryle against Dixie for the last several years. At the end of the day we'd have dominated total offense, but come up on the short end of the stick. But this year the tide has turned. Make no mistake though, Dixie Heights is certainly capable of beating anyone in our district. Remember, that little oblong ball bounces funny ways some nights. I have said before that I think BOTH sides played it close to the vest last Friday. Not that they didn't try, they certainly did, but I don't think either side really wanted to "show their cards" with this weeks matchup looming. My prediction, both sides let it all hang out this week, but losing Bricking will really hurt Dixie. Ryle does just enough to win again this week.

 

Ryle 21

Dixie 10

OR22, some things you say are very true but others are totally off base. I did not see last year's game but I know that Ryle did not dominate offensively. I did see the 2004 game and Ryle did not dominate offensively in the game at Ryle. The 2003 game at Dixie seemed pretty even offensively. So, please do not exaggerate to make a point. Ryle did dominate offensively last week and made enough mistakes (lost 7 points on kicking game, TD called back, etc.) to keep it close and did not score at the 1-yard line at game's end. Could have easily been a 37-17 game.

And, he was not talking about a state championship game if you read his post. Sandman sounds desperate to generate bulletin board material to get us Ryle fans ryled up.

 

 

Sunday's paper took care of that , along with PB3 !:fire: :fire: :fire:

  • Author

Assuming Bricking is out, I'll be shocked if Dixie scores more than 10 points.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.