Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/Dixie: The Rematch

Featured Replies

What's the word on Bricking?

 

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that his ability to play is critical to Dixie having any chance of moving on.

 

Anyone? Top Secret? Earl got your tongue?

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the word on Bricking?

 

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that his ability to play is critical to Dixie having any chance of moving on.

 

Anyone? Top Secret? Earl got your tongue?

 

 

Doesn't look good. I would say he's not playing. He hasn't had as good a year as we had hoped but he is a team leader and you always want your leaders on the field. Dixie has a couple of horses (Day and Maxwell) at running back but for some reason they are not used as much as I would like.

Ryle wins. I look for the Raiders to fill out one side of the state final game.

Ryle wins. I look for the Raiders to fill out one side of the state final game.

 

 

And Male on the other , right !:D

And Male on the other , right !:D

 

Considering the fact that the Bulldogs are #1 in all the polls, it wouldn't surprise anyone. But they do have a few tough games to get there.:thumb:

Ryle wins. I look for the Raiders to fill out one side of the state final game.

 

 

Not happenin'

Not happenin'

Really? What is your prediction?

Really? What is your prediction?

 

 

I'd have to agree with OlDog75. NKY is very competitive within the district, but I just don't see any of the teams making it to the state championship game.

 

Boone - Offensive line isn't as strong as year's past. The passing game isn't where I'd thought it'd be this year. The defense is just OK. They are very suspect to the pass, which may be fixed with the changes they made.

 

Campbell - Very solid defensively. Offense is OK. All you have to do is pressure the qb and double Griffin. The lack of running game really hurts them.

 

Dixie - Defensively, they're very solid. They have the typical, bend but don't break Dixie defense. Offensively, they'll be hurting without Bricking. However, with him, he was having a down year as a passer. The running game is decent, but not solid enough for a state finals.

 

Ryle - They probably have the most talented team of the bunch, but I just don't see them making the finals. They have a good rushing attack, but their air attack is just so-so. However, they didn't really have to pass against Dixie, so it was hard to get a good gauge on how effective they are. Defensively, they are solid. However, they're pass defense was a little suspect.

 

 

All-in-all, I'd love to see a NKY team make the state finals in 4A. However, IMO, this just isn't the year. These teams aren't as strong as the Boone and Dixie teams of the past few years.

As for the game, with Bricking out, the odds are definitely against Dixie. Spritzky just didn't seem to have the confidence in Bohn to run the offense last Saturday, unless he was hiding something. Mosier hasn't played QB in years, so how effective can he really be? You can't install an entirely new offense in one week that works with Mosier's mobility.

However, IMO, this just isn't the year. These teams aren't as strong as the Boone and Dixie teams of the past few years.

To get there THIS year, they don't have to be...

I'd have to agree with OlDog75. NKY is very competitive within the district, but I just don't see any of the teams making it to the state championship game.

 

Boone - Offensive line isn't as strong as year's past. The passing game isn't where I'd thought it'd be this year. The defense is just OK. They are very suspect to the pass, which may be fixed with the changes they made.

 

Campbell - Very solid defensively. Offense is OK. All you have to do is pressure the qb and double Griffin. The lack of running game really hurts them.

 

Dixie - Defensively, they're very solid. They have the typical, bend but don't break Dixie defense. Offensively, they'll be hurting without Bricking. However, with him, he was having a down year as a passer. The running game is decent, but not solid enough for a state finals.

 

Ryle - They probably have the most talented team of the bunch, but I just don't see them making the finals. They have a good rushing attack, but their air attack is just so-so. However, they didn't really have to pass against Dixie, so it was hard to get a good gauge on how effective they are. Defensively, they are solid. However, they're pass defense was a little suspect.

 

 

All-in-all, I'd love to see a NKY team make the state finals in 4A. However, IMO, this just isn't the year. These teams aren't as strong as the Boone and Dixie teams of the past few years.

 

I'll take your word for the analysis. It seems like you don't disagree that Ryle may emerge out of the NKY 4A playoff games. What team in WKY 4A do you think is favored to defeat Ryle? I really think this may be the year Ryle makes it to the big dance in Louisville.

Someone from NKY will get there, we just don't know who yet!

 

Ryle's so so passing game. Their QB has 10 TD passes and 0 int off of 50 completions. Not too bad

To get there THIS year, they don't have to be...

 

 

I don't know how good WC, Christian County, Owensboro, and Henderson really are. So, it's hard to say if the NKY teams this year have to be as good as the Dixie and Boone's of the past. I've only been able to see these 4 NKY teams, and all seem to be beatable if you take away one of their strengths.

Ryle's so so passing game. Their QB has 10 TD passes and 0 int off of 50 completions. Not too bad

 

That's only 5 completions a game. If Ryle gets behind in a game and has to resort to passing, is their passing attack good enough to do so? I really don't know. That's why I said their passing attack is so-so.

The only thing I see different than the last game is Ryle's winning margin increasing. I look for them to be runner-up in the state championship game on November 30.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.