Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First Round: Boyd County @ Johnson Central

Who wins? 105 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Johnson Central
      85%
    • Boyd Co.
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I would also like to state that I am Pleased with Coach Evans coaching this year, and pleased with just making the Playoffs with the young talent that we have....

 

We will be back...!

 

I will agree with you on that one,good post the Lions will be strong next year.:thumb:

  • Replies 119
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There sure wasnt any of ya on here a few years ago.....:thumb:

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I look for this to be a much closer game. Boyd is much improved from the last time we played. We had better have our heads on right and be ready to play, which I think we will.

 

JC 35

Boyd 7

Boyd's goal will definately be to win! But unfortunatly, we may have to settle for keeping it respectable.

 

 

Yes, you are right. It was a poor choice of words on my part.

 

Boyd Co’s goal will certainly be to win – I should have said that I hope they can make it a respectable (competitive) game.

As it should be there goal for every game. As long as the Lions play as hard as the can for 4 quarters they will have nothing to be ashamed of no matter what the final score is.

 

 

Well said Eagle'01. I believe that Boyd Co.'s football program is on the rise now - they will be better next year.

Boyd has improved as the season has progressed, but they're not going to upset JC.

 

JC 42

Boyd 10

Upsets come in form of teams that are within 2 TD's of each other. This is not the case here. JC is a good 4 TD's better than Boyd right now. Like I said earlier, Boyd has came a long way and are a good football team, but Coach Evans will have to have some time to repair some problems from the past, to get back to the winning ways at Boyd.

 

No upset here...Just hope Boyd makes it respectible.

 

And hopefully NO injuries to either team, so they can "give a beating"(Words form the Boyd/Ashland Forum) to whichever team shows up at JC the following week.

 

Boyd will miss Gatlin Barker if he can't go. He separated his shoulder in the beginning of the Boyd/Ashland game. I was suprised that wasn't mentioned in threads or the paper. He is a staple in the backfield and on defense. Boyd missed him Saturday night. It's hard to replace a 2way starter for sure.

 

I don't think J.C. will have a problem Friday night. Like you, I hope it's an injury free game. I would like Johnson Central to go all the way if the keep advancing.

 

Future is looking a lot better in Lion land. The team gets better every week,, signs of a good coach IMO.

Boyd will miss Gatlin Barker if he can't go. He separated his shoulder in the beginning of the Boyd/Ashland game. I was suprised that wasn't mentioned in threads or the paper. He is a staple in the backfield and on defense. Boyd missed him Saturday night. It's hard to replace a 2way starter for sure.

 

I don't think J.C. will have a problem Friday night. Like you, I hope it's an injury free game. I would like Johnson Central to go all the way if the keep advancing.

 

Future is looking a lot better in Lion land. The team gets better every week,, signs of a good coach IMO.

You're right about Gatlin. He could have made a difference on sat. against the tomcats. We really needed him and will definitely need him on Fri., but I don't expect him to play.

IMO, Gatlin is the best player on the team, so yeah it will definetly hurt. I believe Gatlin is the type of kid that is a Game Breaker and I believe with Gatlin we would have beaten Ashland, but that is just My Opinion.

Central wins easy..

Boyd will miss Gatlin Barker if he can't go. He separated his shoulder in the beginning of the Boyd/Ashland game. I was suprised that wasn't mentioned in threads or the paper. He is a staple in the backfield and on defense. Boyd missed him Saturday night. It's hard to replace a 2way starter for sure.

 

I don't think J.C. will have a problem Friday night. Like you, I hope it's an injury free game. I would like Johnson Central to go all the way if the keep advancing.

 

Future is looking a lot better in Lion land. The team gets better every week,, signs of a good coach IMO.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Johnson Central's backfield is probably one of the best in 3A. With their depth, speed, strenght and offensive line. I think that will be the key for Johnson Central's success in the play-offs. Johnson Central has a punishing defense. I dont look for them to let up anytime soon either.

BC has played alot better and has came together as a team,but they are to young and are playing a very strong and good team, it may be close the 1st but thats all.A job well done for Coach Evans and the young Lions:thumb:

 

JC-48

BC-16

I wish I could agree with you on this one, but there's way too much fighting within the team. They have played better, but let's hope over confidence isn't a downfall.

 

I still think this JC team is tops and have earned it and I look for them to keep on charging too.

You're right about Gatlin. He could have made a difference on sat. against the tomcats. We really needed him and will definitely need him on Fri., but I don't expect him to play.

Gatlin is tops, so that's two players Boyd's going to be missing from starting lineup friday.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.