Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First Round: Boyd County @ Johnson Central

Who wins? 105 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Johnson Central
      85%
    • Boyd Co.
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Of course I will have to say, that you choice in Coaches and the movement to get him there, was definetly a smart decision and a big step for your Program.

 

IMO, that is the main reason JC's program is where it is right now. The talent was there even during those three seasons in which JC posted about 4 wins. The change was immediate when Matney got there. Humphries was a horrible hire after Musick left. I do believe, however, that things may have been a little different with Bill Tom Ross had he not suffered his stroke. JC is rolling right now and BC will be back. I have seen great improvement from the Lions this season. Despite the score, I though BC gave Johnson Central the best game all season.

 

Good Luck Friday Night!

  • Replies 119
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, that is the main reason JC's program is where it is right now. The talent was there even during those three seasons in which JC posted about 4 wins. The change was immediate when Matney got there. Humphries was a horrible hire after Musick left. I do believe, however, that things may have been a little different with Bill Tom Ross had he not suffered his stroke. JC is rolling right now and BC will be back. I have seen great improvement from the Lions this season. Despite the score, I though BC gave Johnson Central the best game all season.

 

Good Luck Friday Night!

 

:thumb: Should be a good game next year..

IMO, that is the main reason JC's program is where it is right now. The talent was there even during those three seasons in which JC posted about 4 wins. The change was immediate when Matney got there. Humphries was a horrible hire after Musick left. I do believe, however, that things may have been a little different with Bill Tom Ross had he not suffered his stroke. JC is rolling right now and BC will be back. I have seen great improvement from the Lions this season. Despite the score, I though BC gave Johnson Central the best game all season.

 

Good Luck Friday Night!

JC should have cancelled the football season rather than hire Humphries. He was a horrible coach.

Actually, it was not meant out of any disrespect, it is not like there arent hills here in Boyd and we dont get rode about the same status....I dont believe that was the point I was trying to get across, but you sole chose to avoid the main subject there.....:thumb:

Yea, I know you guys here it a lot from the Ashland faithful but if you look at it from the big picture all of us in Kentucky hear it from the rest of the U.S.A, so I guess we are all the same.

 

BTW, the Lions have made some big steps in improving there football team I look for them to make some noise in the near future. :thumb:

Wow, you know what amazes me... Ashland posters couldn't show up on this site when it was their week in the nest but they sure like to show up when they are not going to the "Nest".

 

JC plays hard and remains focused and comes away with a win...

 

JC-42

BC-7

This is the 9th post so far by an Ashland fan. 5 of them are from me and I was just having fun with Xyience about his enthusiam. That leaves 4 out of 59. Of those 4, 1 simply states that to pick Boyd is not sane and the other 3 are from Painter and I can't remember his thoughts. I do know that one of those 3 was a laugh at something I wrote. Sorry if this is defined as "sure like to show up on this thread."

This is the 9th post so far by an Ashland fan. 5 of them are from me and I was just having fun with Xyience about his enthusiam. That leaves 4 out of 59. Of those 4, 1 simply states that to pick Boyd is not sane and the other 3 are from Painter and I can't remember his thoughts. I do know that one of those 3 was a laugh at something I wrote. Sorry if this is defined as "sure like to show up on this thread."

 

 

Does my post not count? :p I think InTheStands41240 might be talking about all of the Ashland fans who are predicting Boyd Co. in the poll. I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking on their part though. Anybody that has seen both teams can't be realistic in picking Boyd Co. to win IMO.

Upsets come in form of teams that are within 2 TD's of each other. This is not the case here. JC is a good 4 TD's better than Boyd right now. Like I said earlier, Boyd has came a long way and are a good football team, but Coach Evans will have to have some time to repair some problems from the past, to get back to the winning ways at Boyd.

 

No upset here...Just hope Boyd makes it respectible.

 

And hopefully NO injuries to either team, so they can "give a beating"(Words form the Boyd/Ashland Forum) to whichever team shows up at JC the following week.

Does my post not count? :p I think InTheStands41240 might be talking about all of the Ashland fans who are predicting Boyd Co. in the poll. I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking on their part though. Anybody that has seen both teams can't be realistic in picking Boyd Co. to win IMO.

Just as anybody who has seen any of the teams in this district can't be realistic in predicting an upset of J/c in district play. Boyd, Mason, and Ashland are all very close, J/c is playing on a different level. But, anything can happen, that's why we play the game.

Just as anybody who has seen any of the teams in this district can't be realistic in predicting an upset of J/c in district play. Boyd, Mason, and Ashland are all very close, J/c is playing on a different level.

 

 

I agree. It would be a major upset for someone to knock off the Eagles within the district.

I agree. It would be a major upset for someone to knock off the Eagles within the district.

For alot of people, it would be an upset for Johnson Central to get beat out before the 4th round of the play-offs.

For alot of people, it would be an upset for Johnson Central to get beat out before the 4th round of the play-offs.

It might be a mild upset but either way you look at it if we get that far, a regional championship game vs. Rock or Bell would be a really tough game.

Boyd Co. has slain giants before – but I don’t expect it this week. I think Coach Evans has brought the Lions a long way this season, but I think this game will be the end of the trail. I think Boyd’s goal will be to make the game respectable.

JC 35

BC 7

Boyd Co. has slain giants before – but I don’t expect it this week. I think Coach Evans has brought the Lions a long way this season, but I think this game will be the end of the trail. I think Boyd’s goal will be to make the game respectable.

Boyd's goal will definately be to win! But unfortunatly, we may have to settle for keeping it respectable.

Boyd's goal will definately be to win! But unfortunatly, we may have to settle for keeping it respectable.

As it should be there goal for every game. As long as the Lions play as hard as the can for 4 quarters they will have nothing to be ashamed of no matter what the final score is.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.