Adam Duvall Traded to Atlanta

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick Williams on #Reds trading Adam Duvall: "It's very important to continue to have a focus on the future. When we looked at next year, we saw Winker and Schebler really emerging as corner outfielders that we think are going to have a lot of success in the Major Leagues."

Braves cleared some roster spots here. They're calling Allard up to pitch tomorrow and I've heard they are calling up Touki Toussaint as well.

Ive read Duvall may start in LF vs Lefties with Acuña Jr. moving to center.

He’s a perfect guy to platoon.

Dick Williams on #Reds trading Adam Duvall: "It's very important to continue to have a focus on the future. When we looked at next year, we saw Winker and Schebler really emerging as corner outfielders that we think are going to have a lot of success in the Major Leagues."

Does Dick realize the Reds also need a CF? If they are committed to Hamilton in CF as a defensive asset and a #9 hitter, sign him to a "Suarez-esque" deal (with less $ obviously) and commit to that plan. Even if a better CF develops during Hamilton's contract, he will always have value as a pinch runner / defensive replacement late in close games.

Liked Duvall and his UofL lineage, but he's too much of a swing & miss guy for my tastes. I realize the game is trending that direction quickly, but I think the game is more effectively played putting the ball in play and making Ps work to throw good pitches.

I'm not sure I understand this move, can someone enlighten me? Looks like a pure money move to me to avoid paying Duvall in arbitration. I doubt that any of these guys they got will ever be on the 25 man unless they are dumping more pitchers today. Tucker and Wisler are both out of options after this year and Tucker is below average defensively. Going to be hard to watch this team the next 2 months.

Tucker 28 yrs old 2018 - .256/.307/.752 Career - .227/.281/.693

Wisler 26 yrs old 2018 - 5.40 era IP 26.2 K's 21 Career - 5.27 era IP 324.2 K's 230

Sims 24 yrs old 2018 - 7.84 era IP 10.1 K's 10 Career - 5.96 era IP 68.0 K's 54