Adam Duvall Traded to Atlanta

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand this move, can someone enlighten me? Looks like a pure money move to me to avoid paying Duvall in arbitration. I doubt that any of these guys they got will ever be on the 25 man unless they are dumping more pitchers today. Tucker and Wisler are both out of options after this year and Tucker is below average defensively. Going to be hard to watch this team the next 2 months.

Tucker 28 yrs old 2018 - .256/.307/.752 Career - .227/.281/.693

Wisler 26 yrs old 2018 - 5.40 era IP 26.2 K's 21 Career - 5.27 era IP 324.2 K's 230

Sims 24 yrs old 2018 - 7.84 era IP 10.1 K's 10 Career - 5.96 era IP 68.0 K's 54

I assume you are not saying the Reds will be hard to watch just because Duvall was traded. Duvall is not worth what he is going to get in arbitration next spring.

On the prospects. Sims was a first round draft pick who has had success. There is definitely potential with him. The other two guys are surplus rolls of the dice. Anything the Reds ever get out of them is a bonus.

I assume you are not saying the Reds will be hard to watch just because Duvall was traded. Duvall is not worth what he is going to get in arbitration next spring.

On the prospects. Sims was a first round draft pick who has had success. There is definitely potential with him. The other two guys are surplus rolls of the dice. Anything the Reds ever get out of them is a bonus.

I agree that Duvall is hard to watch but where has Sims proven anything , the minors?

Duvall is a good defender who has some power and will hit lefties better than Ender.

Sims has potential but hasnt done anything at the major league level. The other two no Braves fan is disappointed to lose.

A lot can change in 3 years when hitters can't hit big league pitching and pitchers can't get big league hitters out.

Like, say, Adam Duvall who was 27 with zero proven ability to hit big league pitching before he finally showed some life at the top level? He was hot garbage before that as a prospect in his two MLB stints...

I hate to see Adam go. Good guy, very good left fielder and drives in runs. I understand the financial move but it's difficult to replace the numbers he has put up over the last three years. He can change the game with one swing of the bat. Like the Adam before him driving in 100 runs just isn't enough. By the way, the last Adam is now in the Reds HOF.

I hate to see Adam go. Good guy, very good left fielder and drives in runs. I understand the financial move but it's difficult to replace the numbers he has put up over the last three years. He can change the game with one swing of the bat. Like the Adam before him driving in 100 runs just isn't enough. By the way, the last Adam is now in the Reds HOF.

He was barely worth more than a replacement level player as a hitter last two years.