Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 29 Highlands 27

Featured Replies

I don't feel that way, but there are those that do. But that is best left for another thread.

 

 

I am shocked that CovCath's loss to Watterson wasn't a harbinger for this game however...

That Watterson game was a throw out game just like last year, horrible timing, guys are very tired and banged up after their September stretch. Thankfully that one seems to be behind them

  • Replies 159
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Watterson game was a throw out game just like last year, horrible timing, guys are very tired and banged up after their September stretch. Thankfully that one seems to be behind them

 

 

I would agree...

Iv'e been to 10 State Championships, 3 worlds fairs and have never seen nothing like that. The first thing my wife of 2 girls said to me when i got home was, doesn't Highlands have a kicker that can kick the ball deep. Congrats to CCh. A well fought game. I dare anyone to explain the reasoning why Highlands wasn't kicking the ball deep. And don't give me we wer'e afraid of a return. What worse than giving the ball to a pass happy team on the 40 every time. I'm speechless right now!!!!! There is something seriosly wrong with what was going on tonight.:madman:

Congrats to two excellent football teams. I will save my comments on the announcers but just want to reiterate that it was a "deluge" on the field there today. Poor Max Montoya....had to endure that broadcast.

 

Back to the game. Birds offense looked great, mixed play calling, players making huge plays and the offensive line came through once again. Kramer looked keyd on and Cecil just has explosive speed from the QB position. Josh Conner did not play like a Sophomore. He will be key in the rematch, trust me. Draper made a fantastic catch on a beautifully thrown spiral by Cecil. Great concentration Jay. I thought both offenses did whatever they wantd.

 

Bleser and Bovard basically played pitch and catch all night. They did whatever they wanted and why not... Bleser did not get hit one time except for in the 1st half when Koester got to him after he threw a ball. This was mainly due to the excellent play of the CCH offensive line. Sutton made some nice catches down the stretch. Too bad he didnt make that one across the middle at the 52 yrd line : ) with 40 seconds left.... it would have milked another 15 seconds of the clock and there would not have been 2 plays from the 3yrd line. Hats off to Rodenberg and the CCH players, they came into caketown and won the ballgame.

 

Birds Defense had better get some better pass rush next time.. CCH line had the LB's on roller skates most of the night...

 

It was a great game to watch, Its a tough loss for the Birds fans but they need to realize that the one that counts is two weeks away and the pressure will be on the Colonels then.

 

Head needs to keep his dobber up... he did a good job for the most part on a tremendous athlete in Bovard... he is top notch, college material. To go up and twist his body and come down in bounds.. that was NFL material. If it was me, I put a taller Defender on Bovard when you are on the 2 yrd line... you had to know they were going to go over top of Head at some point....but oh well... great game, made for good TV... outside of the goofball play by play guy...who kept apologizing for not being able to see the scoreboard...and for the shotty communication....but overall a decent game to watch on TV.

 

I have had to edit this 3 times... I forgot to mention.. Popham... he is just sick... purely sick...he better get a D1 offer soon or someone will lose out. 53 yrds in inclement weather... unbelievable.

Not to pile on ICN6, but how many times were they going to focus the camera on the wrong coach on the CCH sideline? My wife kept saying, "...are you sure that isn't the head coach?" Umm, yeah honey, I'm sure.

 

Bingo. I was thinking the exact same thing. Did they forget what Coach R looked like from his halftime interview?

Boom, I'm glad you brought up the HHS' kickoffs; it had me befuddled. I know Joseph is dynamite in Kick-return, but to give it to them automatically at the 35 all night was odd. Might as well on-side it and try to recover one if you're going to do that. Seemed strange to me as well. I just assumed that Dale wasn't going to let Joseph beat him on Special Teams.

I, too, was wondering what the thinking was with the HHS kickoffs.

Iv'e been to 10 State Championships, 3 worlds fairs and have never seen nothing like that. The first thing my wife of 2 girls said to me when i got home was, doesn't Highlands have a kicker that can kick the ball deep. Congrats to CCh. A well fought game. I dare anyone to explain the reasoning why Highlands wasn't kicking the ball deep. And don't give me we wer'e afraid of a return. What worse than giving the ball to a pass happy team on the 40 every time. I'm speechless right now!!!!! There is something seriosly wrong with what was going on tonight.:madman:

 

I agree.. for a minute I thought that the Birds were kicking the ball to "blue stripers" they kept falling on it at the 40 yrd line. Late in the game with 50 seconds left and you start them out on the 40 was a bad call.. along with the fake punt in the first half.. those were my only two gripes of the game. Other than that I thought Dale made some nice TO's there at the end.

along with the fake punt in the first half..

 

Another interesting call.

Another interesting call.

 

yea.. 4th and 9 and you are at midfield.... punt it....

I said CCH by the slimmest of margins and it does not get much slimmer than that.

With all due respect to the fine folks from metro Paintsville.....

 

 

:thumb:

What's up with Highlands giving the ball to Cov Cath on about the forty on every kickoff. That was mighty nice of them, seeing that Cov Cath has the best kicker in the State. HHS started virtually on the 20 on every posession compared to Cov Cath on the forty. I'm sure they gave up at least 100 yards on the kickoffs alone.....Highlands linebackers were 3 yards off of the ball all night, and would get stuck inside on the Cov Cath runs (not able to scrape). Obviously Cov Cath came in extremely well prepared. HHS has too much talent not be put in the right position to win games like this. I guess at least HHS has some tape to watch. Go Birds!

Does anyone no when it will be on again on ICN6?

You know its a big game when the #1 White Hat is there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.