Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 29 Highlands 27

Featured Replies

hh-cch-13.jpghh-cch-14.jpg
  • Replies 159
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the first picture the game winner?

 

Yes it was... I would have had a great picture of the actual catch and all, but the ref got in my way.. Next game, maybe I dress up like a ref and take my camera on the field... lol

The Birds players definetly took notice of the celebration that took place on their field at their expense last night. IMO it was a bit excessive, but I do think all that dancing on the field last night give this Birds team just an extra reason to win in 2 weeks. This is the first time any of these boys have lost to Cov Cath. BTW what was up with all that at the end of the game. I don't remember anything like that last year out of the HHS faithful. Yes it is a nice win for CovCath, but it means nothing if HHS wins 2 weeks from now. And (I am going out on a limb here) I doubt if you see a party on CCH's field if the Birds win, the Birds save that kind of reveling for a win in Louisville.:walk:

 

If you listen to the game via the CovCath Internet Radio, you will hear Jason Elfers saying that the Colonels student body showed the greatest respect to the Team from Ft. Thomas by rushing the field. I don't want to misquote him, so listen to the game and hear it for yourself what he is saying, and I think you will see that no disrespect was shown to you and your team, just a bunch of kids being so happy that they couldn't hold their emotions in.

 

You do not have to listen to the whole game, just to the last last minute or so of the broadcast......

I can understand the Cov Cath faithful celebrating on the field. It was a huge win for them. The reason you did not see Highlands fans storm the field last year is that that win was like # 6 in a row over CC and like 17 of the last 18. I bet the Birds fans, at least the students, would have hit the field earlier this season if they had beaten Elder. It is all about emotion. And losing a lot to one team creates emotion.

 

In the JV game today however, I did see several Cov. Cath players flipping the bird to the Highlands fans at the end of the game. Very classless.

OK. Sounds like all discussion about the game is over and we've devolved into pettiness.

I live in NKY so we are on equal elevations. I graduated from the Rock and remember the last time we played both of these teams. No one from NKY was bragging after those games. I have a lot of respect for both of these programs, but I hate arrogance from anyone. I have never said anything negative about NKY and I have never said that JC played as tuff of a schedule as the NKY teams. If you notice I do not post replies to most messages claiming that the NKY teams are top teams but when people start making comments like "Little Sisters of the Poor" then that is offensive to me. Sorry you feel the need to support those type of comments.
First of all, if it's true, it isn't arrogance. Secondly, to say you never make negative comments about NKY is just funny. You like to bring up your one win against HHS and CCHS; but fail to remember all the drubbings in return.

 

I just think it's odd that when someone mentions "Little Sisters of the Poor" someone from EKY would get offended. I mean, is that where it's located?

You know the saying act "as if ya been there before", kinda showed last night who hasn't been there in a while:rolleyes:
I was just about to say that! ;)

They earned the right. Young kids, big win; it happens. As someone mentioned I have to think the same thing would occur if we went into the Pit and won one. Let's start getting ready for Friday Birds!

This was easily the best high school game I have ever watched.

 

Kramer was not as dominant as I expected, but Cecil and Conner both played incredibly well. Josh Conner is going to cause major problems for any team that HHS plays for the next few years. Either way, all 3 of them hit the holes very, very hard and right before they closed.

 

Honestly, I thought Highlands was outcoached tonight. The CCH Staff did a phenomenal job with the short slants and picking their spots to put Buckley in. Also, the failed fake punt and multiple onside/squib kickoffs gave CovCath a shorter field.

 

Brandon Brown is the best player on CovCath's team. Period. Running, defending, anything he does he does well.

 

Blesser played arguably the best game of his career tonight, and the receivers played quite well as well.

 

The CCH defensive line did a nice job, I really like what the coaches have done with continually rotating different guys in.

 

I agree with most of what you said with a couple of exceptions. The Birds racked up almost 340 yds rushing against the defensive line and linebackers, so I don't quite agree with your last point. Not sure what adjustments were made at half, but in the second half the Birds totally dominated the line of scrimmage and scored each time they got the ball in the second half.

 

The fake punt was there. Not sure why but some of the offensive linemen on the punt team didn't hold their block and their men are the ones who made the tackle. Not sure if there was a miscommunication or they are not even "in the know" when a fake is called. Gutsy call and I liked it particularly at the beginning of the game. Also not sure why Dale went with the squib kicks. I know Brown and Castanada are threats to return the ball, but Bathiany kicks about 40-50% of them into the endzone.

 

Obviously CCH was not going to allow Kramer to beat them, and but for a great drive by CCH at the end, that philosophy could have gotten them beat. By concentrating on Kramer, it really opened up things for Cecil and Conner.

 

Not sure if Highlands was outcoached or not. Actually I don't think so. A youth league coach watching Highlands and CCH this year could figure out that CovCath's offense would focus on short passes with two/three step drops. Only way to stop it would be to move linebackers into the slant seam. Unfortunately that opens the middle for Sutton. Birds knew what CCH was going to do, but felt better with that match up than letting Sutton have the middle. Lot of respect for Sutton. Don't get me wrong, there's lot of respect for Bovard also. Both offenses outperformed the other team's defense last night.

 

I do think both teams played very well last night. CCH's offensive linemen impressed me with their pass blocking. Tight splits and two/three step drop passes also helped a lot in the pass protection.

 

Looking forward to the matchup in Park Hills in a couple of weeks. But first we need to take care of S. Oldham.

Lots of violations here. Anyone can start another thread but stick to the game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.