Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 29 Highlands 27

Featured Replies

Of course all HHS fans were sickened by the outcome of game last night, but let's keep in mind that our boys played a great game and should be commended for their effort and sportsmanship. They should be very proud of the way they handled themselves. I know it's been a long time coming for the Colonels and can understand enthusiasm, however, I saw some behavior from Cov Cath fans after the game that was disgusting. They didn't seem to know how to handle a win with class. Anyway, hats off to both teams. Two weeks and counting....

 

Just curious? If you are talking about the CovCath Crazies running onto the field after the game was over, not sure you can call that disgusting, but if it was something else, and it was CovCath kids involved, I am sure the administration would love to know, and trust me it won't happen again. If it was adults, well everybody has people who embarrass themselves, and unfortunately the school.....

 

It will be a great Saturday afternoon for football on Nov. 11th at CovCath.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by the Colonels. Boy, was that tough to type.

CCH coaches did a great job of prep, and the boys executed the plan to perfection. Great win for the Colonels.

 

I heard at the game and on this thread, some second guessing of HHS coaches. I think it will be important for the coaches, as well as the players, to step up for the rematch. No doubt they will.

 

I was surprised by our lack of pressure on the QB.

 

I thought Drew may have had a minor leg injury early in the game. Felt that accounted for the missed chip shot in the 1st qtr. I thought, no way would we intentionally short kick, over and over. I was wrong again. Might want to re-visit that strategy.

 

Since CCH's best wins seem to be in Ft. Thomas, traveling to the team from Park Hill's field might be a blessing.

I have been making a point all year that it is a mistake to have your place kicker playing defense where he can be injured. If 10 goes down, who kicks for the Birds. But on the other hand I guess anyone can sqib kick to the other 40:rolleyes:

I think it makes your team stronger when you play strong competition. Helps you in the playoffs. Since we don't have computer rankings in KY (although the KHSAA might pick up on that bad idea) what possible reason is there to not scheduling teams that annually go deep into the playoffs?

 

Cov Cath/Highlands only have 3 district games each. Most districts have more district games plus local rivalries leave little room for other games. This will change next year. This is a discussion for another thread. My only point on this thread was the "Little Sisters" comment was disrespectful IMO.

The Birds players definetly took notice of the celebration that took place on their field at their expense last night. IMO it was a bit excessive, but I do think all that dancing on the field last night give this Birds team just an extra reason to win in 2 weeks. This is the first time any of these boys have lost to Cov Cath. BTW what was up with all that at the end of the game. I don't remember anything like that last year out of the HHS faithful. Yes it is a nice win for CovCath, but it means nothing if HHS wins 2 weeks from now. And (I am going out on a limb here) I doubt if you see a party on CCH's field if the Birds win, the Birds save that kind of reveling for a win in Louisville.:walk:

The Birds players definetly took notice of the celebration that took place on their field at their expense last night. IMO it was a bit excessive, but I do think all that dancing on the field last night give this Birds team just an extra reason to win in 2 weeks. This is the first time any of these boys have lost to Cov Cath. BTW what was up with all that at the end of the game. I don't remember anything like that last year out of the HHS faithful. Yes it is a nice win for CovCath, but it means nothing if HHS wins 2 weeks from now. And (I am going out on a limb here) I doubt if you see a party on CCH's field if the Birds win, the Birds save that kind of reveling for a win in Louisville.:walk:

 

Please.

Lets give some love to the CCH O-Line. I just watched the end of the game again and they really gave Josh time to throw.

 

So, hats off to Zac Franxman, Nathan Kater, Andy Schulte, Daniel Heath, Nick Hudepohl, and Sam Flynn.

 

Outstanding.

Please.

You know the saying act "as if ya been there before", kinda showed last night who hasn't been there in a while:rolleyes:

You know the saying act "as if ya been there before", kinda showed last night who hasn't been there in a while:rolleyes:

 

Fine. Your comments simply come off as petty, though.

The Birds players definetly took notice of the celebration that took place on their field at their expense last night. IMO it was a bit excessive, but I do think all that dancing on the field last night give this Birds team just an extra reason to win in 2 weeks. This is the first time any of these boys have lost to Cov Cath. BTW what was up with all that at the end of the game. I don't remember anything like that last year out of the HHS faithful. Yes it is a nice win for CovCath, but it means nothing if HHS wins 2 weeks from now. And (I am going out on a limb here) I doubt if you see a party on CCH's field if the Birds win, the Birds save that kind of reveling for a win in Louisville.:walk:

As an outsider so to speak. I think the celebrating is directly related to the game itself. It was awesome. Both teams made the plays down the stretch. HHS and CCH battled for the lead the entire game. It was awesome. Then to have the game won on the last play of the game after two or three phenominal catches I can see how excitement would get the better of someone. Especially the winners. I really think you need to consider that more than who was and hasn't won lately malachi.

 

On the flip side, it will be a heck of a game in a couple of weeks with all kinds of incentive for the BlueBirds.

Fine. Your comments simply come off as petty, though.

Tom Petty?:D

Here are some game pics from this exciting game last night...

 

hh-cch-1.jpghh-cch-2.jpghh-cch-3.jpg

hh-cch-4.jpghh-cch-5.jpghh-cch-6.jpg
hh-cch-7.jpghh-cch-8.jpghh-cch-9.jpg
hh-cch-10.jpghh-cch-11.jpghh-cch-12.jpg

Was the first picture the game winner?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.