Reds at Cardinals (7/12-7/15)

A few weeks ago I would have been beyond shocked that the Reds would even be considering signing Scooter to a long term deal. Unless Peraza is moved don't know what you do with Senzl and Herrera, unless you just keep around as insurance in case of injury. Nice problem to have, can't forget about India as well

I’ll believe the Scooter extension when I see it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy...

NL OBP Leaderboard

Votto (CIN) .422

Winker (CIN) .406

Freeman (ATL) .405

Suarez (CIN) .402

Billy going to find himself on the Top Ten tonight. Awesome play.

Glad to see Garrett get out of the inning unscathed.

So is that play worth 7.5M a year?

Yes! The reds have players who get on base. The reds are one of the top teams in baseball in runs scored. 4th in the NL and top 10 in baseball. So imo they dont need someone else who gets on more and better average. Because while he will never have a good OBP. But When he does get on base he scores. Then on defense he saves runs. So for a team that is top 10 in runs scored but dead last in runs given up. I think it's more important having a starting CF who saves more runs than we realize with plays he makes look routine, that other players wouldn't even get to. I think he is worth having as the starting CF and not a 4th outfielder. Everyone is so fixed on his average and obp. But they don't need someone who is a lot better than that. Whoever the they replaced him with wouldn't be as good defensively and also probably wouldn't even score as much as him, even if that player had a better average.

As a lead off man his average and obp hurt. Where they have him bat now is perfect for him and reason why he imo should keep being a starter and not even a 4th outfielder.

Do the reds have any chance at somehow making the playoffs this year? Wishful thinking on my part, but either way they have been a fun team to watch here as of late.

If they went something like 42-24 in the second half maybe they could sneak into a wildcard spot.

The Reds have some decisions to make here in the next few weeks.

1. To whom can they trade Harvey to get the most bang for the buck?

2. Do they insert Bailey back into the rotation when Harvey is dealt or do they force him in and thereby create some hard feelings for the young guys?

3. What do they do with Scooter?

4. Do they give Bob Stephenson another shot to see if he has really turned the corner?

If they went something like 42-24 in the second half maybe they could sneak into a wildcard spot.

That might do it and is more than attainable with that offense. Still think it may take something more like 45-21 or 47-19. Gotta start this upcoming homestand at maybe 8-2 and keep rolling, can't have a 5-5. Need a double figure long winning streak at some point