Reds at Braves (6/25 - 6/27)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its seriously funny all the things people try to find to complain about with him. Top 10 hitter in baseball for like 10 straight years. The dude has been top 3 in baseball in getting on baseball for 10 straight years. Which means he is not getting out. He does tell after a strike out. But you go to a high school game you will hear a player yell like that, same in college. Now I do care about the high school player yelling that. However I don't care as much about a professional baseball player yelling it. These guys play over a 160 games a year and get paid millions to do it. It would be easy for players to lose their competitive spirit during the year. Especially on a bad baseball team. Yet Votto doing that shows he still cares and wants to do well. I rather see him do that after a strike out, than say darn oh well maybe next time.

The stuff people find to complain about truly would make one think he is the worst player on the team. If someone had never seen a reds game before. As I said in another thread. Cincinnati is just a bad sports city. Honestly as a player, I don't know why any player would want to play here in baseball or football.

You keep harping on Cincy being a bad sports city. What exactly makes a city a good one?

You keep harping on Cincy being a bad sports city. What exactly makes a city a good one?

What someone else said. Fans that go and support the team. Over the last 8 years the reds and Bengals have both had good teams and even in those years the attendance wasnt great. Especially for a city that is suppose to be a "baseball town" Then usually if you listened to people talk even during those good years, you would think the team was in last place those years. Similar how if listened to people around here and on here. Someone would think Votto is the worst player on the team based on what people say.

It's a very negative city and very little fan support even when teams are good. Honestly very little reason for players to even want to be here compared to other places. Majority of cities have plenty of negative people too, yet those cities are still more true sport cities and still there.