Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Braves (6/25 - 6/27)

Featured Replies

Votto and Suarez are tied for 4th in the National League in WAR (Wins above replacement). behind Lorenzo Cain, Freddie Freeman, and JT Realmuto

  • Replies 87
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good teaching moment for Winker when he came up with the bases loaded. He looked pretty upset with himself not getting that run in. Bunting with the leading hitter in the NL is idiotic.

Votto is a bad fielder. How did he win the 2011 Gold Glove? Just get in front of that ball.

 

Peraza swinging at the 1st pitch after Braves P just walked in a run on 4 pitches was very frustrating. I get that you may expect a fastball down the middle there and you want to mash it, but pitch was at the very top of the zone and he popped it up. Either take it (easy approach and nothing wrong with that) or zero in on a specific pitch (presumably fastball) in a specific location (presumably not above your hands at the very top of the zone) and keep the bat on your shoulder if it's not there.

 

I have no problem with the bunt in extra innings. Got to count on Suarez / Winker to get that runner home from 3B with

The bunt not only took the bat out of Gennett hands but everyone knew they would walk Suarez. Basically took the bat out of our two best run producers.

I don't get on the reds threads much. But I swear no matter what reds thread I am in. I would think Votto was by far the worst player on the team. Because its always something he did wrong or I should say something someone thinks he did wrong. If I didn't watch the games, I seriously would think he was the worst on the team and not one of the best in baseball and one of the better players to ever play for the reds.

Schebler CF Barnhart C Votto 1B Gennett 2B Suarez 3B Winker RF Duvall LF Peraza SS Harvey P

 

 

 

This is the best lineup they can put out there IMO. Maybe switch Bnarnhart and Winker but it's basically a wash.

I don't get on the reds threads much. But I swear no matter what reds thread I am in. I would think Votto was by far the worst player on the team. Because its always something he did wrong or I should say something someone thinks he did wrong. If I didn't watch the games, I seriously would think he was the worst on the team and not one of the best in baseball and one of the better players to ever play for the reds.

 

That is my point, he is the best player and hitter on the team. That is what makes these stupid bone head plays so hard to take. They get more frequently every year seems like.

Say what you want about Votto but he will be the next Red inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Say what you want about Votto but he will be the next Red inducted into the Hall of Fame.

 

Absolutely true.

Say what you want about Votto but he will be the next Red inducted into the Hall of Fame.

 

Im not so sure, depends on when he hangs it up.

Votto is 11th out of 22 qualifying 1B in FPCT. And 7th in RF. Is he the best fielding 1B? Nope. Is he the worst? Not close.

 

Is he one of the best hitters in the game of baseball? Without a doubt.

 

Some people are just hard to please.

Votto is 11th out of 22 qualifying 1B in FPCT. And 7th in RF. Is he the best fielding 1B? Nope. Is he the worst? Not close.

 

Is he one of the best hitters in the game of baseball? Without a doubt.

 

Some people are just hard to please.

 

What does that have to do with his base running ability?

Which Red is going in before him?

 

As of today I dont think Votto gets in, so none I guess is the answer to your question.

No question he’s a HOF at his current pace. He obviously needs to play more years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.