Cleveland 87 Boston 79 - Eastern Conference Finals (Game 7)

Who do you start Love over?

Love would absolutely start for the Warriors. As sweet16 said, he'd start at center over anyone--Looney, Zaza, McGee, or even Green. Iguodala only starts when they go small and Love would be in there before him. Green is one of the most overrated players in the league. The Warrior system has made him a star.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of Lebron and Kevin Love the Cavs roster is atrocious. If it’s not the worst in the league it’s certainly in the discussion. They are no where near a playoff team and would be lucky to win 25 games. Lebron doesn’t need to help to get out of the east, but getting out of the east has never been an issue considering no one else has made it out of the east for the better part of a decade. But the greatest team ever assembled in the history of basketball is who he has to face every single year and he doesn’t stand a chance without players that can score. Who is the 3rd best player on the Cavs right now? Jeff Green? The guys they traded for halfway through the year play limited minutes. JR Smith probably wouldn’t be in the league anymore if he was on any other team. TT gives them nothing except rebounding. This roster is garbage.

You realize LeBron is the one who wanted and told the Cavs to sign these guys back. Once again the system LeBron always has wanted to play. Is the big reason why every single year for the last 8 years or basically his whole career, people cry he needs more help. Please don't say the team should not listen to him. If they don't listen then they just make the cry king mad and he would take his ball and go elsewhere. LeBron basically chooses his rosters. Especially in terms of players he wants around him. LeBron chooses the system his teams with offensively. That's my whole point with this. James is the big reason why for the cries of he needs more help.

Also if you take the star player off most teams. Most rosters wouldn't do well at all. But yet people seem to think it's only LeBron. It's only poor LeBron who needs more help.

As for the Cavs roster. I would be willing to bet that if say you take James off that roster and put Curry on that roster with Kerr as coach. That this poor horrible roster you speak of, all of a sudden looks a lot better and players contribute much easier, because it's a lot easier for players to get in a rhythm and contribute more in those types of systems, rather than the system James always likes to play in and determines. Would that team win it all no but would this horrible roster that we hear about look as bad, not at all and would be a playoff team and probably top 3 or 4 still in the horrible east. That's the whole point the way James likes to play and the system that he wants, is not the best for others to contribute consistently. Hence why it hasn't mattered role players or other stars. When they get put with LeBron, they all of a sudden don't look as good. Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. When James joined all of them also didn't exactly look like stars anymore.

You realize LeBron is the one who wanted and told the Cavs to sign these guys back. Once again the system LeBron always has wanted to play. Is the big reason why every single year for the last 8 years or basically his whole career, people cry he needs more help. Please don't say the team should not listen to him. If they don't listen then they just make the cry king mad and he would take his ball and go elsewhere. LeBron basically chooses his rosters. Especially in terms of players he wants around him. LeBron chooses the system his teams with offensively. That's my whole point with this. James is the big reason why for the cries of he needs more help.

Also if you take the star player off most teams. Most rosters wouldn't do well at all. But yet people seem to think it's only LeBron. It's only poor LeBron who needs more help.

As for the Cavs roster. I would be willing to bet that if say you take James off that roster and put Curry on that roster with Kerr as coach. That this poor horrible roster you speak of, all of a sudden looks a lot better and players contribute much easier, because it's a lot easier for players to get in a rhythm and contribute more in those types of systems, rather than the system James always likes to play in and determines. Would that team win it all no but would this horrible roster that we hear about look as bad, not at all and would be a playoff team and probably top 3 or 4 still in the horrible east. That's the whole point the way James likes to play and the system that he wants, is not the best for others to contribute consistently. Hence why it hasn't mattered role players or other stars. When they get put with LeBron, they all of a sudden don't look as good. Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. When James joined all of them also didn't exactly look like stars anymore.

This. All this.

As someone that regularly watches the NBA, the Cavs’ roster sans LeBron is not the worst in the league. They wouldn’t be good, but no team would be built like that. Kevin Love would not be relegated to being a spot up shooter. Dude was a 26 and 13 guy before going to Cleveland.

Disagree. This Cavs roster without LeBron is awful. I don’t know how they would score 100 points without LeBron on the floor. Kevin Love is an All Star but he isn’t saving that roster. Hell, when Kevin Love was in Minnesota he won 40 games once and had two 20 win seasons and two seasons with 15 wins one season and 17 wins in another season. This Cavs roster without LeBron is putrid.

I’m not saying he needs more help. I’m just saying this roster sucks without him. Because it does. There isn’t one person on that roster capable of carrying a team alone. Not even those guys you mentioned, Wade, Bosh, Love...none of them carries a team alone like LeBron does. When you have a guy that good of course you cater to his style. Just like the Warriors are catered to Curry’s style. KD now isn’t as good as he was with OKC. Should we blame Steph for that?

Best player in the world taking an average team to the finals once again. Love or hate LeBron take a step back and realize you’re getting to watch one of the best ever in his prime.

I get that and he's amazing, but he's the reason this team is average. He built the roster the way it is.

I agree with most of your argument but Kevin Love is better than you’re giving him credit for. He’d start for Golden State over Iguodala for sure. Iggy is better served coming off the bench anyways.

The Cavs and Lebron simply castrated Kevin Love. We are at the point where he is severely underrated.

Disagree. This Cavs roster without LeBron is awful. I don’t know how they would score 100 points without LeBron on the floor. Kevin Love is an All Star but he isn’t saving that roster. Hell, when Kevin Love was in Minnesota he won 40 games once and had two 20 win seasons and two seasons with 15 wins one season and 17 wins in another season. This Cavs roster without LeBron is putrid.

Semantics. I said they wouldn't be good, but also a team wouldn't be built like that either.

Who are we comparing Lebron too? One team and one player. It’s the Warriors and MJ.

LeBron hand picked this team. If they're terrible, it's his fault and "his team is terrible" can't be used as a redeeming quality for LeBron.

He hand picked a team capable of making the Finals with him as the lead. Take LeBron away and the team sucks and doesn’t make the playoffs. Whether it is a redeeming quality or not isn’t part of my argument. This team is trash without him. Period.