Cleveland 87 Boston 79 - Eastern Conference Finals (Game 7)

He hand picked a team capable of making the Finals with him as the lead. Take LeBron away and the team sucks and doesn’t make the playoffs. Whether it is a redeeming quality or not isn’t part of my argument. This team is trash without him. Period.

They wouldn't be the worst team in the NBA. Period.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not act like he beat Larry Bird and the Celtics. They were missing their two best players. The East continues to be bad.

I agree they were bad, my point was I think he could take most of the bottom feeders and also win the east this year with their rosters.

They wouldn't be the worst team in the NBA. Period.

Bottom five. Worst. Either way they’d still be trash. That’s all I’m saying.

Without LeBron that team is tanking and “trusting the process”.

Edited by PurplePride92

The Cavs and Lebron simply castrated Kevin Love. We are at the point where he is severely underrated.

How much better would the Cavs be if he could stay healthy? He’s only castrating himself by becoming another version of Derrick Rose, CP3, Kyrie Irving, etc.

He hand picked a team capable of making the Finals with him as the lead. Take LeBron away and the team sucks and doesn’t make the playoffs. Whether it is a redeeming quality or not isn’t part of my argument. This team is trash without him. Period.

You can say the same thing about basically every team in the NBA besides maybe 4 teams. If you take the best player off a team. Especially a star player, that team usually is going to look like trash. Unless you have a great system in place. James teammates will always look like trash if he doesn't play, because James teams system is James. They don't really run a system with James. So it's not hard to see why when he is not in or if he were to miss a game. The team would struggle because the system is designed to fit LeBron.

Now if you have a system in place for the other guys, they would look much better. The system LeBron likes so he can be at his best. Simply isn't the best for teammates to be at their best or contribute at a consistent rate. His system makes it very hard for teammates to get in a rhythm, because it's stand around and spread the floor and hope for a pass once they double him. Most players need to move and be in the flow of an offense go usually be in the flow of a game and in rhythm. That doesn't happen when you play with LeBron in his system.

Also you mentioned Durant got worst since being with the Warriors? In what area did Durant get worst, besides a few ppg game less? Since he doesn't have to shoot as much? All his stats across the board are basically still similar, except he shooting at a better field goal percentage, especially during the playoffs in his career with the Warriors. Not to mention still makes the big shots when needed.

Other stars when they play with LeBron seem a shell of their selves and seem to struggle finding how to play in Lebrons system. Then once again leading to LeBron needs more help. Somehow it's always poor LeBron needs more help. Our point is a lot of that is because of LeBron himself.

We can go back to almost every star in nba history and most probably could have used more help. But yet it's only poor LeBron who people cry for saying he needs more help literally every single season.

People act like poor LeBron is always up against stacked odds. Yet ignore how fortunate he has been playing in the horrible east. His straight finals has passed his resume and given people reason to say maybe he is the goat. When the reality is, if you take all the exact teams he has played on and put them in the West instead. I think he would have only been to the finals twice in his career, three times at most. I don't think the Cavs team that won the title even gets out of the West. LeBron in the West probably would be undefeated in the NBA finals if in the West, but imo would only have two titles. Which in that case no one would even think about saying he may be the GOAT.

LeBron playing his career in the East has given him the chance to get in that discussion. But yet it's always poor LeBron. He is basically guarnteed the finals every year and just needs one great series to beat a top team to win it all.

You can say the same thing about basically every team in the NBA besides maybe 4 teams. If you take the best player off a team. Especially a star player, that team usually is going to look like trash. Unless you have a great system in place. James teammates will always look like trash if he doesn't play, because James teams system is James. They don't really run a system with James. So it's not hard to see why when he is not in or if he were to miss a game. The team would struggle because the system is designed to fit LeBron.

Now if you have a system in place for the other guys, they would look much better. The system LeBron likes so he can be at his best. Simply isn't the best for teammates to be at their best or contribute at a consistent rate. His system makes it very hard for teammates to get in a rhythm, because it's stand around and spread the floor and hope for a pass once they double him. Most players need to move and be in the flow of an offense go usually be in the flow of a game and in rhythm. That doesn't happen when you play with LeBron in his system.

Also you mentioned Durant got worst since being with the Warriors? In what area did Durant get worst, besides a few ppg game less? Since he doesn't have to shoot as much? All his stats across the board are basically still similar, except he shooting at a better field goal percentage, especially during the playoffs in his career with the Warriors. Not to mention still makes the big shots when needed.

Other stars when they play with LeBron seem a shell of their selves and seem to struggle finding how to play in Lebrons system. Then once again leading to LeBron needs more help. Somehow it's always poor LeBron needs more help. Our point is a lot of that is because of LeBron himself.

We can go back to almost every star in nba history and most probably could have used more help. But yet it's only poor LeBron who people cry for saying he needs more help literally every single season.

Not only is KD worse with the Warriors but the Warriors were a better team without him. KD was an MVP player at OKC. He’ll never ever ever ever ever ever win an MVP playing at Golden State. He hit 50-40-90 twice at OKC. Still hasn’t done it at Golden State.

Obviously the LeBron system works. 8 straight trips to the Finals with different looking teams each time. Me saying his team is trash without him isn’t me saying he needs help. It’s me saying his team is trash without him because it is. I don’t care whose fault it is. His. Dan Gilbert. Ty Lue. Kyrie Irving. Kevin Love. Adam Silver. I don’t care whose fault it is. Who handpicked it......etc. Simple statement. His team is trash without him. When you look around at other rosters and see what they have compared to The LeBron Cavaliers and folks aren’t impressed by what he is doing then I get confused. The Warriors won 73 games, lost to LeBron and then wined and dined KD in the Hamptons because they were scared of LeBron. That should tell us all we need to know about LeBron’s greatness.

Keep downplaying it though. There’s only been one person comparable to his presence on the court that I have ever seen in my life.

Not only is KD worse with the Warriors but the Warriors were a better team without him. KD was an MVP player at OKC. He’ll never ever ever ever ever ever win an MVP playing at Golden State. He hit 50-40-90 twice at OKC. Still hasn’t done it at Golden State.

Obviously the LeBron system works. 8 straight trips to the Finals with different looking teams each time. Me saying his team is trash without him isn’t me saying he needs help. It’s me saying his team is trash without him because it is. I don’t care whose fault it is. His. Dan Gilbert. Ty Lue. Kyrie Irving. Kevin Love. Adam Silver. I don’t care whose fault it is. Who handpicked it......etc. Simple statement. His team is trash without him. When you look around at other rosters and see what they have compared to The LeBron Cavaliers and folks aren’t impressed by what he is doing then I get confused. The Warriors won 73 games, lost to LeBron and then wined and dined KD in the Hamptons because they were scared of LeBron. That should tell us all we need to know about LeBron’s greatness.

Keep downplaying it though. There’s only been one person comparable to his presence on the court that I have ever seen in my life.

Who is down playing his greatness? I even said it's fair for him to be in the conversation for the goat. What I am saying the year after year after year of saying he needs help is out. And yes the system LeBron likes to play is the big reason why every single season his teammates don't contribute consistently. His system is not a good system at allowing teammates to ever get in a rhythm. I think it's been shown systems where people just stand around to keep the lane clear with little movement and little ball movement. Usually makes it hard for other players to truly step up.

You are right he made the finals 8 times in a row. That mostly has to do with how bad the East is. You talk about how the roster is trash if you take him off. Well mostly every roster in the East is trash if you take its best player off. The east is bad. Which I still say the Cavs roster is not terrible and if you put a system to fit them, they would look much better. The system LeBron likes isn't the best for teammates to perform at a consistent level. That's my point and why it's old every year people crying that he needs more help. When it's his system that is a big part of why players don't play as well. Which in turn just makes him look eve. Better, because people say wow look at what he has done with that team.

If all James teams had been in the West all these years. He probably only has two finals appearances, and completely changes how he is looked at as possibly the goat. So it's just tiring all the constant crying and excuses people have for LeBron. When LeBron is the big reason those things are even able to be excuses, and also how lucky he is to be in the east. The whole crying for James is old. I'm sure John Stockton and Karl Malone would have also loved more help to beat the Bulls. Yet James is the only person ever that there is so much crying that he needs more help.

As for Durant you are right be won't win the mvp with the Warriors but doesn't mean he is worst. Curry will never win an mvp either but doesn't mean he is worst. The Warriors are not worst with him. It's very simple when you play in the finals every year. It makes the regular season more boring for those teams. So the chances of being focused every night like the Warriors were two years ago when chasing the record isn't going to be there.

James is great and it's fair to be in the discussion now. Just all the constant crying and excuses for him is old. Especially when the year after year excuse of needing more help. Is mostly on him for his input on how the team is built and the system he wants to run.

Who is down playing his greatness? I even said it's fair for him to be in the conversation for the goat. What I am saying the year after year after year of saying he needs help is out. And yes the system LeBron likes to play is the big reason why every single season his teammates don't contribute consistently. His system is not a good system at allowing teammates to ever get in a rhythm. I think it's been shown systems where people just stand around to keep the lane clear with little movement and little ball movement. Usually makes it hard for other players to truly step up.

You are right he made the finals 8 times in a row. That mostly has to do with how bad the East is. You talk about how the roster is trash if you take him off. Well mostly every roster in the East is trash if you take its best player off. The east is bad. Which I still say the Cavs roster is not terrible and if you put a system to fit them, they would look much better. The system LeBron likes isn't the best for teammates to perform at a consistent level. That's my point and why it's old every year people crying that he needs more help. When it's his system that is a big part of why players don't play as well. Which in turn just makes him look eve. Better, because people say wow look at what he has done with that team.

If all James teams had been in the West all these years. He probably only has two finals appearances, and completely changes how he is looked at as possibly the goat. So it's just tiring all the constant crying and excuses people have for LeBron. When LeBron is the big reason those things are even able to be excuses, and also how lucky he is to be in the east. The whole crying for James is old. I'm sure John Stockton and Karl Malone would have also loved more help to beat the Bulls. Yet James is the only person ever that there is so much crying that he needs more help.

As for Durant you are right be won't win the mvp with the Warriors but doesn't mean he is worst. Curry will never win an mvp either but doesn't mean he is worst. The Warriors are not worst with him. It's very simple when you play in the finals every year. It makes the regular season more boring for those teams. So the chances of being focused every night like the Warriors were two years ago when chasing the record isn't going to be there.

James is great and it's fair to be in the discussion now. Just all the constant crying and excuses for him is old. Especially when the year after year excuse of needing more help. Is mostly on him for his input on how the team is built and the system he wants to run.

The part of your argument that I see as almost silly is saying LeBron on a team in the west would only make the finals twice. I don't think you can just throw the Cavaliers as is into the west and try to make a point. Pick any of the top 4 or 5 teams in any year in the west and put LeBron on it and they go to the finals.

The part of your argument that I see as almost silly is saying LeBron on a team in the west would only make the finals twice. I don't think you can just throw the Cavaliers as is into the west and try to make a point. Pick any of the top 4 or 5 teams in any year in the west and put LeBron on it and they go to the finals.

I didn't say put LeBron on a team out west. I said take any of the exact teams LeBron has played on and put those teams out west, and he probably only had 2 finals appearances. The two years he won if all with the Heat.

We always hear how bad LeBron has it. When in reality James playing his whole career in the horrible East. Has helped because if gave him the opportunity to build to his resume. 20 years from now people won't remember the East was horrible. They will see only 8 straight finals. James doesn't have it as bad as many like to claim. That's all I been trying to say.