Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

School Shooting Noblesville IN, 5/25/18

Featured Replies

13 year old shooter, 2 injured is all I have heard so far. It was at the middle school.

13? Wow! Something seriously wrong going on with our youth. I don't understand it.

From the IndyStar.com article that CP linked:

 

Jeremy Seaman said he wasn’t surprised his brother, a former defensive end for Southern Illinois University, put his own safety at risk on behalf of his students.

 

“It’s not surprising, to be honest,” he said of his brother’s intervention in the shooting. “He’s not really ever been the person to run away. When the safety of the kids is at hand, it’s not surprising to me that he was going to do what he had to do.”

 

Molly Miles, a freshman at Noblesville High School, told IndyStar she can remember Seaman telling her class that he would keep them safe during active shooter drills.

 

"I specially remember that he would throw himself on top of the shooter if he had to," she said. "Which he proved today."

 

==================

 

Hero is an understatement.

 

Thank you Jason Seaman!

Think about this one BGP, it wasn't a gun that stopped the school shooter this time but it was overwhelming force that stopped the shooter and in cases like this overwhelming force and a gun are one in the same.

What a wonderful human being. His students are lucky to have him as a teacher. The rest of us are fortunate to witness his bravery.

 

Prayers for a full recovery.

I have zero training for a situation like this. My thought on what I would do is find something or things to throw at the shooter and charge him immediately after throwing it. The shooter will probably raise his arms or do something to shield himself from whatever I threw and give me a chance to get hold of him.

I know a lot of detail about this because my buddy's daughter was involved. I'm not sure what is or isn't allowed to be put out publicly.

 

I'll say this for the sake of prayer...one little girl was shot 4 times and when I spoke to him earlier, she was still in surgery. My friend's daughter was protected by the teacher and is safe.

My cousin taught at this school up until moving to a new school this year. Her old room was in the same hall where the shooting occurred.

I have zero training for a situation like this. My thought on what I would do is find something or things to throw at the shooter and charge him immediately after throwing it. The shooter will probably raise his arms or do something to shield himself from whatever I threw and give me a chance to get hold of him.

 

I’ve had the training and that is one thing to do is just start throwing things at the shooter.

I have zero training for a situation like this. My thought on what I would do is find something or things to throw at the shooter and charge him immediately after throwing it. The shooter will probably raise his arms or do something to shield himself from whatever I threw and give me a chance to get hold of him.

 

I’ve had the training and that is one thing to do is just start throwing things at the shooter.

 

That would be the counterattack component of ALICE training.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.