Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Loyola of Chicago 78 Kansas State 62

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing, this is a much different team that I saw defeat Evansville by 10 back in February. I don't remember seeing Sister Jean, maybe that's the difference.

Honestly, who looked at this Region and thought Loyola would win it! Wow!

 

Loyola was the best team out of the 4 teams who made it to the Sweet 16 out of this region though .

This right here is why I say only 5 teams per conference in, and let some of the smaller school in.

Loyola’s run has been amazing. I would love seeing them advance to the championship. They played awesome tonight.

Loyola shot 57.4% from the field and 50% from 3 on 9-18 and 83.3% from the line. K-State shot 34.8% from the field and 24% from 3 on 6-26 and 83.3% from the line on 10-12.

 

When every shot you take is a good open look or a layup, you shoot a good percentage.

 

Didn't someone say something about how good Kansas State's defense is?

  • Author
When every shot you take is a good open look or a layup, you shoot a good percentage.

 

Didn't someone say something about how good Kansas State's defense is?

 

Yea I think it was those silly announcers over and over.

[/b]

Yea I think it was those silly announcers over and over.

 

It is funny how announcers get fixated on things, Kenpom has K. St. defense #21 and UK is #22. I didn't hear much about how good UK's defense has been. Tonight Loyola's defense is actually ranked higher than K. St. defense. Did anyone say anything about Loyola's defense?

If fame doesn't stab Loyola of Chicago in the back this team will be in the finals...

This right here is why I say only 5 teams per conference in, and let some of the smaller school in.

Nothing like changing rules based on exceptions.

Nothing like changing rules based on exceptions.

 

While there is truth in your statement, there was a slight chance until last night that the NCAA champ could be rated LOWER than the NIT champ in the KenPom ratings.

 

The top 2-3 teams in most conferences can compete very well with the 4, 5, 6, 7, teams in the Power 5.

 

Basketball has changed, you don’t have to be 6’10” and you don’t have to be a super athlete to win at a high level.

Nothing like changing rules based on exceptions.

 

Actually I said this last year, and before the tournament started this year. I mean really if your the 5th best team in your conference then should you be in the playoffs? Why not just have a 312 or how many it is tournament then.

Actually I said this last year, and before the tournament started this year. I mean really if your the 5th best team in your conference then should you be in the playoffs? Why not just have a 312 or how many it is tournament then.

Becasue conferences aren't equal. if you're going to have at large bids then it had to be the best available regardless of conference.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.