Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 1st Round: Covington Catholic vs Apollo Predictions

Who wins?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Colonels by 15+.

My concern for CCH is that normally they dont rest Fredrick or Ruthsatz. They typically play deep into the 4th without any bench time.

In order for the Colonels to win 3 or 4 more games, they will have to use their deep bench often in Rounds 1 and 2.

Colonels by 15+.

My concern for CCH is that normally they dont rest Fredrick or Ruthsatz. They typically play deep into the 4th without any bench time.

In order for the Colonels to win 3 or 4 more games, they will have to use their deep bench often in Rounds 1 and 2.

While the bench is deep, it is not deep at the guard position. They have multiple guys of similar talent to play the 3,4,5. If you take AJ/Jake out and put in Michael, Thelen or Fleek not a huge drop in talent. If you take out Aiden or CJ there's a big drop. The younger guards may have talent, but they never see the floor so who knows and they lack experience.

While the bench is deep, it is not deep at the guard position. They have multiple guys of similar talent to play the 3,4,5. If you take AJ/Jake out and put in Michael, Thelen or Fleek not a huge drop in talent. If you take out Aiden or CJ there's a big drop. The younger guards may have talent, but they never see the floor so who knows and they lack experience.

You forgot senior guard Casey Nowak. He's really helped with dividing up the ball handling duties.

I dont agree. Any one of those players could sub in for CJ or Aiden and CCH would still have 2 guards on the floor.

Plus Luke Thelen and Disken can easily manage point duties.

If CCH doesnt rest their two primary guys a couple minutes each half it will be tough to win 4 games in 4 days!

"I dont agree. Any one of those players could sub in for CJ or Aiden and CCH would still have 2 guards on the floor.

Plus Luke Thelen and Disken can easily manage point duties."

Agree...Luke Thelen and Disken both start and play WELL for most every other team in the state.