Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd vs. Newport

Featured Replies

Who wins this one and why?

 

Winner gets Spencer loser gets Mercer.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier in the season I would have taken Newport in a romp especially based off a decent showing versus NCC and a 13-0 win over Dayton in light of Lloyd getting thumped by SK, Beechwood, and Dayton. Now with the Spencer County hiccup this one this a lot closer.

 

Still think Lloyd will have trouble scoring on Newport, but not so such Newport hangs a bunch on Lloyd either.

 

Lloyd at home helps (mainly because they have the best cheesburgers) but I'll take Newport in a low scoring affair.

Newport 28

 

Lloyd Memorial 7

I'll take Lloyd in this one. Just a hunch but I'll say..

 

Lloyd - 14

Newport - 7

This is a huge game for both schools.. I believe Nport gets on the right track with a win.

LLoyd has the best playmaker in the game with Charles Johnson, and French's development helps make him more of a weapon. But Newport is far better on defense. I'll take Newport by a touchdown.

I'll say it'll go down to the wire with Newport pulling out the W on the road...Newport 28 Lloyd 21

I would give Newport the nod on defense and Lloyd the nod on offense. I don't see either team scoring more than 14 points. I'm going to say Newport scores first. Then Lloyd scores later and goes for 2 and the win at home. Final 8-7 Lloyd. But I wouldn't rule out 7-6 Newport.

Who wins this one and why?

 

Winner gets Spencer loser gets Mercer.

If Newport wins and Mercer wins, I think they both turnaround and play each other the 1st week.Way to go KHSAA.

If Mercer wins and Lloyd wins - Newport plays Mercer

 

If Mercer wins and Newport wins. Lloyd, Spencer, and Newport would end up in a three way tie for second. Has anybody looked up the points on this.

If Mercer wins and Lloyd wins - Newport plays Mercer

 

If Mercer wins and Newport wins. Lloyd, Spencer, and Newport would end up in a three way tie for second. Has anybody looked up the points on this.

 

I think Newport wins the tie and gets the home playoff game.

From the 2 games I have seen, Newport is better, but like J.Dirt, I like Lloyd's offense alot better

 

Lloyd 20

Newport 13

If Mercer wins and Lloyd wins - Newport plays Mercer

 

If Mercer wins and Newport wins. Lloyd, Spencer, and Newport would end up in a three way tie for second. Has anybody looked up the points on this.

Any tie for Lloyd is bad news! With only 1 non-district win (Scott) the Juggs lose any tie breaker.:cry:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.