Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Virginia Tech 64 Duke 63

Featured Replies

Did I see that right, did Allen really put up 15 threes?

Yes, 4 of 15. He was in full-on "Bagley is out" mode, although Bagley was in. :bunny:

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saturday will be fun!

 

What's Saturday?

  • Author
Missed free throw and terrible turnover in the final minute. I think he had 6 turnovers. He plays like an All-American for 35 minutes but anything can happen in crunch time.

 

I remember Trevon Duval’s free throw more than Grayson’s and I remember Gary Trent’s turnover in the final minute. I don’t recall Grayson turning the ball over in the final minute.

  • Author
6 of 18 with 6 turnovers -- he was horrific down the stretch for them tonight.

 

I remember Gary Trent’s turnover and Trevon Duval’s missed free throw. Both of those came on the last two plays on offense for Duke.

  • Author
This sounds a lot like like Kentucky's season. Everything except the point guard not being able to shoot. I could replace a few names and it would pretty much be spot on. Only UK is currently trending up.

 

 

 

Now you really sound like a Kentucky fan lol.

 

Duke has won 5 of their last 6 and is 24-6 overall. Their defense has improved since the switch to zone and Grayson has been found again in February. Last night was another bad loss but I ain’t too mad about this season and where they are currently. Other than Trevon Duval anyways.

It appeared the Va tech fans thought the refs were friendly to Duke. Loved the coach pulling a Sam Wyche and telling the fans to stop cussing and throwing things on the court.

Duke has won 5 of their last 6 and is 24-6 overall. Their defense has improved since the switch to zone and Grayson has been found again in February. Last night was another bad loss but I ain’t too mad about this season and where they are currently. Other than Trevon Duval anyways.

 

We just can't defend anyone this year. I don't even know what defense Coach K was playing in the second half. Grayson is the only guard that we have that can run the offense, Duvall can't play in the half court. We'll be alright though in the tournament. Plus the officials hosed us pretty bad towards the end

What's Saturday?

 

The greatest rivalry in college hoops Pt. 2

Gotta remember VaTech is a really good team when they want to be. They are the only team to take down UVA, Clemson, UNC, and Duke this year. If there is an up and down team in the ACC, it is VaTech.

Nah. The BGP Duke fans are sensible. We can gripe without getting carried away. :lol2:

 

Duke fans on here are fortunate that FF74 apparently doesn't have an axe to grind with Coach K.

  • Author
Duke fans on here are fortunate that FF74 apparently doesn't have an axe to grind with Coach K.

 

This is very true. :lol2: :lol2:

  • Author
We just can't defend anyone this year. I don't even know what defense Coach K was playing in the second half. Grayson is the only guard that we have that can run the offense, Duvall can't play in the half court. We'll be alright though in the tournament. Plus the officials hosed us pretty bad towards the end

 

That kid grabbed Wendell Carter on the rebound play in front of the ref. No call.

 

Either way though, missed free throws, untimely turnovers and not boxing out in the last minute of the game did them in. They can only blame themselves. They keep making things harder than they need to be.

Gotta remember VaTech is a really good team when they want to be. They are the only team to take down UVA, Clemson, UNC, and Duke this year. If there is an up and down team in the ACC, it is VaTech.

 

Usually dependent on their ability to hit threes and prevent the other team from hitting them. I think the two best shooting perfoances of Louisville’s season came against VaTech and the Cards ended up sweeping the Hokies.

Pathetic finish for the Blue Devils. Blew a 15 point lead and a 10 point lead. Maybe I am overreacting but when I look at this season and Duke’s failures I’ll remember 1.) Grayson’s disappearing acts 2.) Trevon Duval not being able to shoot or make free throws the way a PG should be able to do 3.) Duke going undefeated while Bagley has been out(this makes zero sense) and 4.) Duke switching to a predominately zone defense because they can’t play man to man defense.

 

This season has been maddening, exciting, frustrating and encouraging. My biggest issue is Trevon Duval’s inconsistency and his inability to shoot. Drives me nuts. Everything else has seemed fixable except for that.

 

 

Duke destroys UL. UL wins at Virginia Tech. Duke loses at Virginia Tech.

 

College basketball is stupid. But I’m a moron because I say EVERYONE gets up for Duke.

 

Agree with all of that and yet I didn't expect Duke to win this game. They always,always,always struggle in Blacksburg even when they're clicking on all cylinders. I would like to see Grayson attack the rim more(he has the ability) , 15-3's is a lot for even Steph Curry

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.