Louisville: Major Announcement Today at Noon

UKMustangFan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Cards are STILL national champions in 2013 in my opinion and MANY others who aren’t Louisville fans too. The banner coming down is nothing in my mind. And they are still a Final Four team from 2012 even if the banner came down. This really is a joke considering all that North Carolina has gotten by with recently and over the years.

If very serious sanctions aren’t imposed on other teams involved with the Adidas mess, Louisville could very easily challenge what just happened.

Go Cards!!!

I watched Louisville beat Michigan. That’s about all I care about. Will that team be mentioned with an asterisk next to them of course, but they still won. Someone won the tournament and unless they retroactively go back and award the title to Michigan Louisville won the 2013 National Championship as far as I’m concerned.

Should make people like you happy. Or maybe you’d have preferred UL just drag this out even further so you could have more reason to pile on

Yeah like you wouldn't have loved for UK to have hired hookers and paid $100k to a player and get caught doing it. I said that was fast because I expected you and other Card fans to fight it coming down to the last second possible and that banner to fly for quite a while.

*Insert post pretending to not enjoy what's going on at UofL all while posting the exact opposite.*

I've never once said that I didn't enjoy this and I won't. I may hate it for you Deuce ( I really do hate it for you) but as for the rest of L1C4, I love it!

2 questions:

1. With this precedent and with the outcome at North Carolina why would any program ever cooperate with an NCAA investigation again?

2. Chuck Smrt was hired for his expertise in NCAA policy. UofL followed his council for how to lessen the severity of the blow. Should he be sued for malpractice?

No doubt Louisville should have hired the council and advisors that Roy and Carolina used. Roy Williams, all the way back to Kansas, is untouchable as far as the NCAA is concerned.