January 25, 20188 yr I'm actually a bit surprised that UL is being hit so hard by the NCAA. For one, I never really thought the title would get yanked, 15 million seems a bit high as well. It was completely stupid of UL to do what they did, but who really believes that strippers and prostitutes actually landed them any recruits? Those kids could have done just as well or better when it comes to females, without the help of the UL athletic department. The only thing the strippers may have had over the coeds on campus is they probably have more experience working a pole. No, I don’t think it got them a single recruit and, in fact, I think it probably hurt them with JaQuan Lyle and Antonio Blakeney.
January 25, 20188 yr No, I don’t think it got them a single recruit and, in fact, I think it probably hurt them with JaQuan Lyle and Antonio Blakeney. My thoughts as well. That's what has always made it hard for me to understand why it ever even happened. Regardless, it seems like a pretty harsh punishment to me. A question though, if the NCAA hit them this hard for the strippers, what happens when the Adidas investigation penalties come?
January 25, 20188 yr My thoughts as well. That's what has always made it hard for me to understand why it ever even happened. Regardless, it seems like a pretty harsh punishment to me. A question though, if the NCAA hit them this hard for the strippers, what happens when the Adidas investigation penalties come? I don’t know. Its a tough nut to crack. Bowen never played a single minute for UofL so there will be nothing to vacate which leaves scholarship reductions and bans from future competition. It’s a strange place the NCAA’s in. I genuinely think they don’t want to dig too deeply into their members’ ties to the shoe companies for fear of what they’ll find. It may be the only thing that saves Louisville. Well, that and the fact that everyone and their brother got fired.
January 25, 20188 yr Bowen would be a first semester junior by now had he enrolled at UNC-Chapel Hill.
January 26, 20188 yr Bowen would be a first semester junior by now had he enrolled at UNC-Chapel Hill. And still waiting to attend his first class! :lol:
January 26, 20188 yr Seems a bit harsh to me. Played with what ended up being ineligible players. The money part is waking around change for them.
January 27, 20188 yr Bowen would be a first semester junior by now had he enrolled at UNC-Chapel Hill. And still waiting to attend his first class! :lol: Jealousy will get you nowhere.
January 27, 20188 yr This Michigan St craziness may help UofL somehow. The NCAA is so screwed. If their President really new about 37 reported assaults, how can any school take anything they state seriously.
January 27, 20188 yr That title game can't be erased, I saw Ricky P about hit the deck when those confetti guns exploded. It happened.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.