Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: Louisville to lose 2013 title, fined 15$ MIL

Featured Replies

Isn't this about the strippers in the dorm rooms? The only cheating done was by some players on their girlfriends!

 

You can't hire prostitutes for recruits when you are trying to get them to come to your school.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What cheating did they do that gave them an advantage to win the title?

 

Wives, girlfriends, significant others.

I've said before if the NCAA takes the title, they should just take down the banner that says "2013 NCAA Champion" and put one back up that says "2013 National Champion."

 

:lol2:

I've said before if the NCAA takes the title, they should just take down the banner that says "2013 NCAA Champion" and put one back up that says "2013 National Champion."

 

:lol2:

 

And, hang it from a pole.

Used strippers/prostitutes to recruit players and parents. Provided extra benefits to some current players (Strippers/Prostitutes). If a player comes to a school and the school gives them a car after they get there to keep them happy, wouldn't that count as cheating? Car=Prostitute as far as extra benefits go.

 

Without those players, they never win the title.

 

The NCAA’s initial determination of sanctions indicated that they rejected UofL’s argument that “Car=Prostitute”. If it did, you could run a financial calculation and make a similar determination on a number of ineligible games for current players based on the knowledge the NCAA had obtained. They declined to do so.

 

I can live with the banner coming down and I can live with repayment of NCAA tournament money. I won’t be happy seeing the banner come down but it will have been pretty well deserved given the actions we’re talking about here.

 

I can’t abide if they elect to go any further and continue to punish current players for the actions of players that are long gone, players that never came to school here, and coaches and athletic administrators that are no longer employed by the university.

I can live with the banner coming down and I can live with repayment of NCAA tournament money. I won’t be happy seeing the banner come down but it will have been pretty well deserved given the actions we’re talking about here.

 

Agreed.

 

Although I'll always still acknowledge the title regardless of what the NCAA does.

Agreed.

 

Although I'll always still acknowledge the title regardless of what the NCAA does.

 

Absolutely. Watched it happen. Have a framed Courier-Journal from the next day hanging in my office. Will continue to wear my championship shirt.

Stripping titles and banners means nothing to me. So dumb. They will always be the title winners in 2013 to me and history will remember them for it.

 

If schools are to be punished, I would rather see more harsh monetary penalties as opposed to scholarship reductions or bans from the tournament that does nothing but punish the kids not there.

 

I get what you're saying.

 

Let me ask this: How many on here know that Western Kentucky University was a Final Four participant in 1971? That Villanova was the National Runner-up in the same year?

 

People today will remember the 2013 National Champions as UL. But in 20 years they will not. Why? Part of it is because of that vacated asterisk on everything.

 

Just thinking outside the box.

I get what you're saying.

 

Let me ask this: How many on here know that Western Kentucky University was a Final Four participant in 1971? That Villanova was the National Runner-up in the same year?

 

People today will remember the 2013 National Champions as UL. But in 20 years they will not. Why? Part of it is because of that vacated asterisk on everything.

 

Just thinking outside the box.

 

How many people know who won the title in 2002 (random year) without looking it up? What about the Final Four?

 

If anything, in 20 years people WILL remember 2013 and Louisville because of what's happened.

Does this mean that Pitino has to have his tattoo removed?

I can’t abide if they elect to go any further and continue to punish current players for the actions of players that are long gone, players that never came to school here, and coaches and athletic administrators that are no longer employed by the university.

Do you think they will or should get additional punishment for the Bowen situation?

How many people know who won the title in 2002 (random year) without looking it up? What about the Final Four?

 

If anything, in 20 years people WILL remember 2013 and Louisville because of what's happened.

 

Maryland fans remember 2002. :lol2:

 

Actually stripping the title will only be of note for the arguments between UK and (UL, UNC, etc fans) when the other guys won't recognize Cal's 2 Final Fours that were stripped. :thumb:

Do you think they will or should get additional punishment for the Bowen situation?

 

I think they will but don't think they should. The kid isn't here and neither is anybody that could have been responsible for trying to get him here.

Maryland fans remember 2002. :lol2:

 

Actually stripping the title will only be of note for the arguments between UK and (UL, UNC, etc fans) when the other guys won't recognize Cal's 2 Final Fours that were stripped. :thumb:

 

I feel the same about Cal's Final Fours as I do this one for UL.

 

UMass and Memphis were there. I've seen the games. Remember the Memphis one well.

I think they will but don't think they should. The kid isn't here and neither is anybody that could have been responsible for trying to get him here.

I think that is the best arguement for not hammering them. If Pitino or Jurich had stayed I think they would have deserved to get mauled by the NCAA...with both and other coaches gone I think probation would be enough. But the fact that they were already in trouble may weigh more than anything else.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.