Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Four teams vs. the field

Featured Replies

I have a buddy that every year he has me pick four teams to win the state title and give him the field. What four teams would you roll with? I’m thinking as of now Scott County, Trinity, Cov Cath, and Fern Creek. Thoughts?

I have a buddy that every year he has me pick four teams to win the state title and give him the field. What four teams would you roll with? I’m thinking as of now Scott County, Trinity, Cov Cath, and Fern Creek. Thoughts?

 

Can’t go wrong with those teams.

I think the Colonels are definitely strong, but if Cooper can get back to firing on all cylinders, the Jags will be a challenge for Cov Cath to get past to get to the Sweet 16.

  • Author
I think the Colonels are definitely strong, but if Cooper can get back to firing on all cylinders, the Jags will be a challenge for Cov Cath to get past to get to the Sweet 16.

Absolutely agree. I was at the KOB when the two played. I just feel Cov Cath can win in more ways than Cooper. Ballard could knock off Trinity in region and Fern Creek has a region loss or two I believe. Don’t know much about what else is in Scott County’s region.

Absolutely agree. I was at the KOB when the two played. I just feel Cov Cath can win in more ways than Cooper. Ballard could knock off Trinity in region and Fern Creek has a region loss or two I believe. Don’t know much about what else is in Scott County’s region.

 

Scott Co. could lose in the region, but they are the favorite. The 11th region is the toughest region in the state, and will be a battle royal to win.

I have a buddy that every year he has me pick four teams to win the state title and give him the field. What four teams would you roll with? I’m thinking as of now Scott County, Trinity, Cov Cath, and Fern Creek. Thoughts?

 

Don't 2nd guess yourself. Those are the correct four.

Don't 2nd guess yourself. Those are the correct four.

 

That's as good a play as you could make.

That's as good a play as you could make.

 

I had a very good coach in the southern part of the state tell me in October those four "were much the best". I certainly think Cooper, Bryan Station, and Ballard could make a run, but those four seem like the most likely to make the weekend (assuming match ups).

  • Author
Scott Co. could lose in the region, but they are the favorite. The 11th region is the toughest region in the state, and will be a battle royal to win.

 

I’m not familiar with the 11th. Who are the other teams in with them?

I’m not familiar with the 11th. Who are the other teams in with them?

 

BGP Top 20 ranked teams in the 11th Region:

42nd District - #2 Scott County and #3 Bryan Station

43rd District - #6 Lafayette and #13 Lex Cath

44th District - #16 Madison Central

 

Ouch.

Those four certainly make the most sense, but from a probability perspective I might include both Covington Catholic and Cooper in my four. With both of them in my four, I am very likely to get at least one of them to the state tournament, and either one will be among the favorites to win it. My other two would be Trinity and Scott County. That leaves out Fern Creek, a team I really like. But its loss to Doss in the LIT puts it a notch below the others in my mind.

I wouldn't have Doss in my 4 but I wouldn't want this team to come out of the 6th region and make it to RUPP can compete with everyone in the field

Those are probably the best 4 teams in the state right now, but all of those teams have a hard region to come out of.

You have probably picked the top 4 and all or none of them could make it to the tournament. I would say 2-3 will make it. It's the luck of the draw from there.

Scott Co. could lose in the region, but they are the favorite. The 11th region is the toughest region in the state, and will be a battle royal to win.

 

Is it played at EKU again this year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.