Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vikings 29 Saints 24

Featured Replies

I think it opened at 3.5. "They" is "we". Betting public sets the odds.

 

I understand the betters move the line but I don’t see how the betters set the line. Bets can’t be made until the oddsmakers sets one for the bets to start.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just unbelievable ending. You have to atleast touch Diggs if you are the DB. Even if he thought he was going to commit PI, he has to know that is better than letting him walk to the end zone. He was the last defender and just whiffed. Inexcusable.

 

Congrats to @Getslow and all Vikes fans!

I understand the betters move the line but I don’t see how the betters set the line. Bets can’t be made until the oddsmakers sets one for the bets to start.

 

Actually, in a way the betting public does set the opening line too. "Vegas" is setting the lines based on who they think the public believes will win by what amount. They are setting it based on splitting the bets. They aren't really making a pick in the game. They are making picks based on what they think the public thinks about the game. I know it is splitting hairs a little, but again the point is "Vegas" isn't really picking the outcome of a game when they make their opening picks. They are picking how the betting public sees the game.

I just find the whole Vegas is genius stuff laughable. "They" could be way off on ten games but if there is one game like this one that is right on the final spread, "they" are geniuses.

 

The line looks like it opened at 3.5/4. Would everyone be amazed at how good Vegas was on this game if they had stuck with that opening line instead of moving it as the bets came in?

 

 

The final line is really the wisdom of the crowd since the betting public's actions move the line into its final position. So instead of crediting the back rooms in Vegas its the betting public that should get the credit.

The final line is really the wisdom of the crowd since the betting public's actions move the line into its final position. So instead of crediting the back rooms in Vegas its the betting public that should get the credit.

 

Exactly.

Actually, in a way the betting public does set the opening line too. "Vegas" is setting the lines based on who they think the public believes will win by what amount. They are setting it based on splitting the bets. They aren't really making a pick in the game. They are making picks based on what they think the public thinks about the game. I know it is splitting hairs a little, but again the point is "Vegas" isn't really picking the outcome of a game when they make their opening picks. They are picking how the betting public sees the game.

 

But they are setting it to get the public to bet basically 50/50. So they are setting the line.

Being a Viking fan since the PPE days its always a challenge to get to invested at this time of year. But maybe...just maybe it can work this year.

The Vikings were bridesmaids before the Bills ever were. I'd like to see them shake that label off.

A perfect 10 surrounded by three solid 5's. Haha

 

I hope your talking about Brady's old lady. If not I disagree. :lol2:

I hope your talking about Brady's old lady. If not I disagree. :lol2:

I wasn’t referring to their physical appearances and yes Giselle is without a doubt a perfect 10 no question.

Good call.

 

Maybe not quite 5's. :)

 

More like 3s. They'd be great-looking at 12:55am, but not so much after ugly lights came up at 1.

But they are setting it to get the public to bet basically 50/50. So they are setting the line.

I don’t think 50/50 is Vegas’s goal. They set the lines to get as much money to come in on the side they don’t think is going to win as possible.

More like 3s. They'd be great-looking at 12:55am, but not so much after ugly lights came up at 1.

Bortles and Keenum both got boob jobs and hit the gym a little harder this past year and have turned themselves into viable options if you get turned away by the first couple girls at the bar. Foles might still be a 3 I’m not sure.

I don’t think 50/50 is Vegas’s goal. They set the lines to get as much money to come in on the side they don’t think is going to win as possible.

 

I thought they didnt set the lines.

 

They win money if it is 50/50

I thought they didnt set the lines.

 

They win money if it is 50/50

If the line is Team A -5 and the majority of the bets on Team B to cover. If Team A wins by 6 then Vegas wins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.