Sunday Package Alcohol Sales

woodsrider

So last night the Henderson city commission voted 3-2 in favor of allowing Sunday sales of package beer, wine, and liquor. This was just the first reading and hopefully no one changes their vote on the 23rd when they have the second reading. The change would also move the Sunday start time from 12:00pm to 10:00am and remove the restriction for resturants to have to be able to seat at least 50 people in order sell alcohol on Sundays. There has been some entertaining debate on facebook the last week or so. Just glad they were able to pass it.

I know Owensboro started allowing package sales on Sunday last year and Bowling Green a few years ago. What other cities in KY allow package beer, wine, and liquor sales on Sunday?

So last night the Henderson city commission voted 3-2 in favor of allowing Sunday sales of package beer, wine, and liquor. This was just the first reading and hopefully no one changes their vote on the 23rd when they have the second reading. The change would also move the Sunday start time from 12:00pm to 10:00am and remove the restriction for resturants to have to be able to seat at least 50 people in order sell alcohol on Sundays. There has been some entertaining debate on facebook the last week or so. Just glad they were able to pass it.

I know Owensboro started allowing package sales on Sunday last year and Bowling Green a few years ago. What other cities in KY allow package beer, wine, and liquor sales on Sunday?

In Murray it is allowed. Not sure what time it begins.

What is the reasoning behind having limited or banned alcohol sales on Sunday at all?

It's old and outdated blue laws that need to go away.

In Indiana package sale of all alcohol is prohibited state wide and you can only buy cold beer from a liquor store. Warm beer only at other locations. Their legislature is currently trying to change this.

I hate it when our Governments treats us like children and the restriction of alcohol sales is one of the ways they do it. And don't even start me on the religious influences here... :rolleyes:

However, this thread involves Politics and that is not permitted on BGP any longer.