Alabama 26 Georgia 23 (OT) - National Championship

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was won and lost by the coaches in the second half.

Saban gave the ball to Tua.

Smart gave the ball Chubb instead of Michel.

In the second half and OT Chubb had 10 carries for 9 yards. Michel had 6 carries for 37 yards. If Smart gave Michel 12 carries and Chubb 4 in the second half and OT, I think Georgia wins the game. It was totally inexcusable for Chubb to be out there in OT instead of Michel.

Ohio State and UK fans are one in the same. Have plenty to gloat about and everyone outside of their region hates them and everyone who is a fan of them can’t understand why they are hated so much. Lucky for me I’m a fan of both schools so I hit the obnoxious lottery I guess.

Probably a Yankee fan in baseball, Patriots fan in the NFL and a Warriors fan in the NBA too... #bandwagonfan

But why? I hate Michigan and Alabama. Michigan for obvious reasons, and Alabama because they are the standard and I enjoy seeing them knocked off their pedestal. Why do you hate Ohio State?

It's very simple as I stated many times people hate osu because of the fans lol.

@futurecoach Tagovailoa is more advanced at moving safeties with his eyes as a True Freshmen in college than Andy Dalton is after 7 years in the NFL.

It also shows for all the people who say well if a backup qb was better the coaches would start them. That's not always true. Frohm for Georgia wasn't the starter until injury. JT Barrett is not the best qb at osu. Hurts not the best qb at Bama. Most coaches have a hard time making that tough choice of going with someone with inexperience. Just makes it that more impressive that Saban finally makes that switch in the biggest game of the year. Maybe Marvin Lewis took notes. Btw I like how Hurts after the game said his backup going into the game has the it factor. I feel like I have heard that before about a backup qb on the Bengals lol.

This game was another game that was deserving to be a championship game. Another instant classic just like the previous two Bama / Clemson games were. An "Onions" call by Saban to switch qb's at half. Should've Saban left Hurst in then UGA are the champions today, jmo. Nick Saban shows once again why he is the best coach in CFB, maybe ever although it's hard to compare eras in any sport.

Georgia showed why they were there and deserved to be there. Kirby Smart is building something special in Athens, GA..

The CFB playoff selection panel once again, got it right.

Radio this morning mentioned Saban sticking with Hursts in the Iron Bowl this year, and the Clemson game which was won by the D. I think he really had zero choice last night, maybe even an easy decision?

I agree that Smart was out coached in the second half. Obvious to all that Chubbs wasn't getting it done and Michel was.

Also little things add up to big things. 1) The bogus encroachment call against UG negating a blocked punt that gives UG the ball on Bama's 20. 2)3rd and 7 Tua forced to scramble gets hit and UG goes shoulder tackle not wrapping his legs up. He gets the first and eventually they kick a FG. 3) Fromm throwing a pick immediately after UGs D gets a pick 4)Not giving the ball to Michel 5) How many 3rd and shorts did UG not convert (stupid call on the "Wild Dawg" late in the game)