Kentucky Statewide 1000 Point Club

Interesting tid bit I'd like to add. Elder HS has 2 kids that have eclipsed 1,000 points in the history of the school. I found that rather shocking.

That is surprising. Great, disciplined basketball in the GCL, but low scoring. Back in the '80's I had a chance to watch a fair amount of Elder games. Not what I was used to watching in Kentucky.

Geeee..... Ceeee..... eeeeL.... baaas.... keht.... baaauuulll. :lol2:

Edited by Runcible Owl

• 1 month later...

Jim Hengehold, St. Henry (1960-63) - 2,293 points.

At the time considered to be the 9th Region record. A four year starter, Jim averaged 25.1 ppg for his career while shooting 56%. A Courier-Journal First Team All-State player his senior year, along with Wes Unseld, Clem Haskins, Wayne Chapman and Mike Redd. Hengehold went on to play at Xavier University.

Eugene Britton Carter, Newport (1961-64) - 1,000+ points.

A C-J 3rd Team All-State selection in '63, Eugene averaged over 20 points and 18 rebounds per game his senior year. Led Newport to the Sweet 16 in 1962. A 16 time letterman in 4 sports for the Wildcats, Britton Carter is a member of the Newport HS and NKY Athletic Directors Halls of Fame. A part of a great story in the news last year - do a browser search.

Edited by Runcible Owl

Oldham County had two players eclipse the 1,000 career point mark during the 8th region tournament: Senior guard Jackson Gibson and senior forward Zach Larimore.

Larimore got his 1,000th point in the championship game vs. South Oldham.

• 1 year later...

Johnson Central currently has 31 players in the 1,000 point club. All can be found on their official athletics website jcgoldeneagles.com (Boys Basketball > More >Team Files > Official Record Book) .

Currently Juniors Isaiah May and Cory VanHoose both have over 1,000 with May over 1,500. Both are on pace to hit the 2k mark by careers end with May breaking school record. Both scored 1,000 in their sophomore campaigns.

Wish that I knew where to locate this information, but in thinking about Covington Latin, 4 names come to mind, and I’m not sure if all of them were in the 1000 point club or not.

Mitchell Blewitt - 1400+ (Played briefly at Thomas More)

David Justice - ??? (HOF Baseball Thomas More, Hall of fame Major League Baseball player, and MLB Rookie of the Year)

Brian O’Connor - ??? (Tore it up at Thomas More, but not sure what his numbers were at Latin, Drafted by the New York Knicks)

Jeff Stowers - ??? (Jeff I believe played for both Latin, and CovCath before playing at NKU)