Jeff Ward 1982

John "Bailie" Morlidge 1980

Mark Gooch 1972

Rob Jordan 1969

Richard "Dick" Reis 1966

Tim Boyle 1966

Nelson Auge 1963

This list is not complete.

Paul Smith, a guard, who played for Owsley County and graduated 1962, scored somewhere around 3,300 in his career. His name is not on this list but he would be in the top 10. Maybe it has never been reported, but the man who kept all the stats back then who is now 80 years old, told me what his total was when I asked him about it a few years ago.

He went on to play for Mississippi State during the years the Runts were at Kentucky.

Williamstown

Twins, Eric and Aaron Moore each scored 1000 in the mid to late '90s

Zack Mefford('05) 2000+

Pat Steele('06) 1000+

Jake McKinley(early '10s) 1000+

David Jump(early/mid '10s) 1000+

Jon Jump('17) 1000+

Brennan Stanley scored his first 1500 or so in orange and black.

I'm missing some, but I'm not sure who. I feel like one or two from the 2003 class got there, but I can't recall. Seems possible Milburn could have, or a couple others from the late-80s/early-90s. Bunch of Lady Demons got there as well, including the Wood twins from the same class as the Moores.

If my adding is correct Zion Harmon is already over 1000 halfway into his freshman year. At the rate he's scoring this year he will surpass the King if he stays in Kentucky and stays healthy for the next 3 years.

This list is not complete.

Paul Smith, a guard, who played for Owsley County and graduated 1962, scored somewhere around 3,300 in his career. His name is not on this list but he would be in the top 10. Maybe it has never been reported, but the man who kept all the stats back then who is now 80 years old, told me what his total was when I asked him about it a few years ago.

He went on to play for Mississippi State during the years the Runts were at Kentucky.

I just spoke to the elderly fellow I earlier mentioned in this post and he said Paul Smith had over 3500 points but he doesn’t remember the exact amount. He is going to go through his records and get the exact number.

When he does I’m going call or email the KHSAA and give them the information.

A guess on one from Heritage Academy(or maybe Villa)- Jackson Capel('05ish)

He wowed the Williamstown Kiwanis Tournament crowd when I was a wee-little lad.

Heritage struggles now but not so long ago, probably ten years or so, they had competitive teams with multiple 1,000 point scorers. Jackson and his older brother Bert Jr... the St. Blachard brothers Rick and Ryan... Probably a couple more...