Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10/16/06 Herald-Leader Rating The State

Featured Replies

After looking at those Class A rankings, I'm convinced that this is a complete joke and I won't even bother to look at them again....

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams. I guess they get bonus points for being smaller schools and having more recent championships.

 

That is one of the funniest things I've read today:lol:

 

 

It's hard to get CovCath and Highlands fans to agree on anything, but HC50 has managed to do it.

yea I know Henry Clay gives up some points, but they score alot also. There also 9-0 against some pretty stiff competition. There the only undefeated team in the top 10, how are they not higher than #6?

There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams. I guess they get bonus points for being smaller schools and having more recent championships.

Henry Clay has had a history of failure with some very talented football teams. I have seen Henry Clay play this season. I have also seen Highlands. I have seen Cov on T.V. Henry Clay would not match up with Highlands or Cov up front. Therefore, they are not as good of a football team. They would lose in open competition. JMO

I am very shocked to see Henderson at 8. Way too high in my opinion.

Who has Henry Clay played? I know they beat a pretty good Scott County team, but who else have they beaten? Highlands and CovCath have played the a very tough schedule.

 

HC beat a very good Christian County team earlier in the season.

If Mercer County had the injuries Hopkinsville has had and played the same schedule, they could easily be 4-4, too.

 

I was not comparing the 2 teams, just stating that if Hoptown is a top 25 team, Mercer sure as heck should be also and I am a Hoptown fan.

I was not comparing the 2 teams, just stating that if Hoptown is a top 25 team, Mercer sure as heck should be also and I am a Hoptown fan.

 

I don't think Hoptown deserves to be this high either..I don't think Mercer would handle Memphis Ridgeway, Male or Christian Co either, but, would probably beat Mayfield. I'd say they would be 5-3, which is better than what Hoptown has done. I'm not convinced Mercer deserves to be the 25th team in though..

yea I know Henry Clay gives up some points, but they score alot also. There also 9-0 against some pretty stiff competition. There the only undefeated team in the top 10, how are they not higher than #6?

There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams. I guess they get bonus points for being smaller schools and having more recent championships.

 

I know alot of folks on here disagree with you, but, I have to agree. An undefeated 4a team who's played a solid schedule should get the nod. I'd disagree if H.Clays schedule was full of cupcakes, but, it's not...

Interesting in 1A that Cov. Holy Cross is 11th and NewCath 4th.

Rankings mean absolutely nothing during the regular season!!! The only thing that matters is the Playoffs,and when they are over then the Rankings have meaning.;)

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: RATING THE STATE

 

 

1. Male (7-0) 93.6

2. Trinity (7-1) 90.8

3. St. Xavier (7-1) 90.5

4. Highlands (5-3) 88.4

5. Covington Cath. (5-3) 87.8

6. Henry Clay (9-0) 87.6

7. Bowling Green (7-1) 85.8

8. Henderson Co. (7-1) 82.4

9. Manual (5-3) 82.2

10. Scott Co. (6-2) 81.3

 

Where did this ratings come from? Obviously way off track of the mainstream in A with Bethlehem High School not even in the top 15. Most polls have them in the top 10 and some as high as 6.

  • Author
Where did this ratings come from? Obviously way off track of the mainstream in A with Bethlehem High School not even in the top 15. Most polls have them in the top 10 and some as high as 6.

 

 

They are published in the Lexington Herald-Leader. Bethlehem is rated 14th in Class A.

yea I know Henry Clay gives up some points, but they score alot also. There also 9-0 against some pretty stiff competition. There the only undefeated team in the top 10, how are they not higher than #6?

There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams. I guess they get bonus points for being smaller schools and having more recent championships.

 

HC50 I agree that HC has an argument for being ranked higher with an undeated schedule in 4A. They are a legitimate team. IMO it is possible for HHS or CC to beat Henry Clay. I think both sides have a valid argument on this one.

I know alot of folks on here disagree with you, but, I have to agree. An undefeated 4a team who's played a solid schedule should get the nod. I'd disagree if H.Clays schedule was full of cupcakes, but, it's not...

 

 

Who exactly has HC played so far?

Who exactly has HC played so far?

 

Pikeville 31 - 0

Boyle County 53 - 10

Bell County 28 - 14

Christian County 50 - 46

Scott County 43 - 42

Bryan Station 42 - 0

Woodford County 40 - 7

Tates Creek 48 - 20

Paul Dunbar 42 - 3

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.