Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10/16/06 Herald-Leader Rating The State

Featured Replies

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: RATING THE STATE

 

 

1. Male (7-0) 93.6

2. Trinity (7-1) 90.8

3. St. Xavier (7-1) 90.5

4. Highlands (5-3) 88.4

5. Covington Cath. (5-3) 87.8

6. Henry Clay (9-0) 87.6

7. Bowling Green (7-1) 85.8

8. Henderson Co. (7-1) 82.4

9. Manual (5-3) 82.2

10. Scott Co. (6-2) 81.3

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss something? I dont see Mercer in the Top 25?

How can Dunbar be ranked 27. Paul Dunbar 64.3 in 4A and havn't won a game this year.....:confused:

Did I miss something? I dont see Mercer in the Top 25?

 

Nope, Mercer is .2 points out of the top 25

Nope, Mercer is .2 points out of the top 25

 

There is noway a 4-4 Hop town team should be in the top 25 and Mercer not. Just my 2 cents worth.

In Class A what does Frankfort have to do to get in the top 10. They have 2 losses (both to 3A schools), have beaten every other team pretty easily. They obviously have a big game this week against Danville, does a win move them in, does a loss drop them farther down????

Meant the AP Poll sorry about that. Not the rating the state.

2A gets no respect and that's just the way it goes. I'm not saying it's right or that I agree with the lack of respect that the 2A fails to receive, but that 2A obviously gets no respect for whatever reason. I can see Mercer being a top 15 team in the whole state easily. They would give a lot of the powerhouses a run for their money. IMO.........

 

 

 

:argue:

There is noway a 4-4 Hop town team should be in the top 25 and Mercer not. Just my 2 cents worth.
If Mercer County had the injuries Hopkinsville has had and played the same schedule, they could easily be 4-4, too.

These rankings are just that: rankings....anyone could write these and I personally don't read too much into them. Looks sort of BCS to me :)

2A gets no respect and that's just the way it goes. I'm not saying it's right or that I agree with the lack of respect that the 2A fails to receive, but that 2A obviously gets no respect for whatever reason. I can see Mercer being a top 15 team in the whole state easily. They would give a lot of the powerhouses a run for their money. IMO.........

 

 

 

:argue:

 

Interesting thought process. I would like to see some of these teams that make such grandiose claims go up against the likes of the Big 3 or HHS to see how justified they are. There are extremely talented and good teams in all classes. I would have love to have seen the 2A champs of Belfry's back to back years go up against the 3A or 4A champs in those years.

yea I know Henry Clay gives up some points, but they score alot also. There also 9-0 against some pretty stiff competition. There the only undefeated team in the top 10, how are they not higher than #6?

There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams. I guess they get bonus points for being smaller schools and having more recent championships.

There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams.
No possible way?

 

Better take off the blue-and-gold blinders.

yea I know Henry Clay gives up some points, but they score alot also. There also 9-0 against some pretty stiff competition. There the only undefeated team in the top 10, how are they not higher than #6?

There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams. I guess they get bonus points for being smaller schools and having more recent championships.

Who has Henry Clay played? I know they beat a pretty good Scott County team, but who else have they beaten? Highlands and CovCath have played the a very tough schedule.

There is no possible way that Highlands and Covington Catholic are better football teams

 

That is one of the funniest things I've read today:lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.