Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10th Region POY Candidates

Featured Replies

Remember this a Senior Only award. These are my top 5 in no particular order.

 

Will Philpot- 11.1ppg, FG% 60, FT% 69.8, 3PFG% 0, RPG 10.7

 

Tanner Clos- 15.8ppg, FG% 53, FT% 72.5, 3PFG% 38, RPG 5.7

 

Eric Johnson- 19.9ppg, FG% 46.8, FT% 67.7, 3PFG% 32.9, RPG 5.5

 

Leevi Dunaway- 20.4ppg, FG% 43.7, FT% 81.2, 3PFG% 38.3, RPG 5.4

 

Titus Ransom- 19.7ppg, FG% 40.8, FT% 73.6, 3PFG% 32.2, RPG 6.6

 

What are your top 5 and why?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanner Clos at this point would be the front runner based on numbers and CC being ranked #1.

Tanner Clos at this point would be the front runner based on numbers and CC being ranked #1.

I know he is a good player, but so is Will Philpot. His scoring is lower because we are not a one or two man team. All our players can put up big # on any given night. Depends on what the defense gives us.

 

Last night against Paris he had 20 points, also he had 14 rebounds to go with his 20 points. He also was 100% from the FT line 4 of 4 and 8 for 10 from the field. Great game by the young man.

I know he is a good player, but so is Will Philpot. His scoring is lower because we are not a one or two man team. All our players can put up big # on any given night. Depends on what the defense gives us.

 

Last night against Paris he had 20 points, also he had 14 rebounds to go with his 20 points. He also was 100% from the FT line 4 of 4 and 8 for 10 from the field. Great game by the young man.

 

I like Philpot game but I'm not convinced he's the best player on his own team.

 

Clos does more for his team then stats show IMO.

Reid Jolly WILL be a good option when he is a Senior, but not this year. The Region 10 POY is always given to a 12th grader.

  • Author
Reid Jolly

 

POY is a Senior Only award. Reid will have his shot next year.

Just too early in the season to see any level of separation among those identified. Lots of room for others to even emerge. If I had a vote, I would be very hard pressed to pull the lever.

To tough to call, all five are very deserving right now!

I know he is a good player, but so is Will Philpot. His scoring is lower because we are not a one or two man team. All our players can put up big # on any given night. Depends on what the defense gives us.

 

Last night against Paris he had 20 points, also he had 14 rebounds to go with his 20 points. He also was 100% from the FT line 4 of 4 and 8 for 10 from the field. Great game by the young man.

 

Campbell County is also not a one man team. They have three guys averaging in double figures and almost four.

Campbell County is also not a one man team. They have three guys averaging in double figures and almost four.

 

I was not implying anything toward another team, just talking about my own team. Also stressing the importance of other stats and not just points. We too also have others in double figures and some games will have 4. I think it was against Waggner we had all 5 starters in double figures. To be honest I don't know what our boys averages are, but I do know that Canada, Graham, Taylor and Copper can all shoot well and are good defenders.

 

I see Campbell Co a balanced team like GRC .

  • Author
I like Philpot game but I'm not convinced he's the best player on his own team.

 

Clos does more for his team then stats show IMO.

 

I would definitely agree that Clos does so many things to help his team win. He plays way bigger than his size shows.

One thing about will philpot is he's an extremely unselfish player which can hurt his stAts with that being said almost every game he plays he has double doubles and sometimes 20/20s

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.