Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10th Region POY Candidates

Featured Replies

Eric Johnson or Leevi Dunaway.

 

Um. No.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a Senior only award, but someone said Reid Jolly, who is really good. But, the best junior in the 10th right now is Allen. I’ll leave it at that, as I know DA will have his shot next year.

This is a kid who’s doesn't get his credit. Very solid.

 

I agree with you General. Averaging 14.9 PPG, 88.4% from the Free throw line and 38% from the 3 point line. Is currently in the top 20 in the state stat leaders in Free Throw %. And might sneak into the top 20 in the 3 point shooting % stat category as well. I think possibly being in two of the top 20 stat categories in the State should at least include him in the conversation.

Um.Yes. Kid is underrated

 

Underrated? ok.

 

 

Grant Walsh and Adam Antrobus from Pendleton County are underrated, too, but neither of them are in the POY conversation. I just think there are guys better than Leevi. Not taking anything away from him at all. Johnson and Day are just better.

Underrated? ok.

 

 

Grant Walsh and Adam Antrobus from Pendleton County are underrated, too, but neither of them are in the POY conversation. I just think there are guys better than Leevi. Not taking anything away from him at all. Johnson and Day are just better.

 

Exactly. Someone has to be a team's leading scorer. Dunaway just happens to be Mason's. You put him on a top team in the region and he doesn't stand out as much.

  • Author

How many of these kids that we are talking about in this conversation that have college interest or offers at this time? I mean everyone on this site has their opinions but if there are colleges that have some serious interest in some of these kids and some have offers already as well that has to stand for something because college coaches look at all aspects of game and not just scoring. How many of these kids are defending the best players on the floor night in and night out, who is winning the fifty fifty balls in the games, deflections, steals, blocks, who is willing to throw themselves in the stands just to save a ball. I think these are things that get over looked when it comes to these conversations but those are all the small things that wins ballgames that don't show up in stat books.

I like Philpot game but I'm not convinced he's the best player on his own team.

 

Clos does more for his team then stats show IMO.

 

Clearly you haven't watched Philpot much. When he's in the game it changes. When he's not, ball possession goes down. He's either grabbing the rebound or opening up the basket for someone else to get it. We are halfway through the season and I've only seen one player from Madison central give him a run for his money. Most of the time he's being double teamed. You need to watch him closer he's a force

  • Author

Also forgot to add in the above statement that character, attitude and how much of a team player you are as well.

Eric Johnson is a team player. He doesn’t care to pass the ball at all

  • Author
Clearly you haven't watched Philpot much. When he's in the game it changes. When he's not, ball possession goes down. He's either grabbing the rebound or opening up the basket for someone else to get it. We are halfway through the season and I've only seen one player from Madison central give him a run for his money. Most of the time he's being double teamed. You need to watch him closer he's a force

 

I have watched Philpot play and I really like his game. I think he and Clos are a lot alike in a lot of ways. They both do what's best for their teams. They can score the ball at will, do all the small things that most kids don't like to do and are both very unselfish players.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.