Louisville/Kentucky Predictions

16thBBall Fan

Cats and Cards Who Wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Cats and Cards Who Wins?

What should we base it on? They've played an incredibly weak schedule. The two teams they've played that were either ranked or have been ranked they have lost to. They have no quality wins.

I agree with the basic sentiment of your post, but the no quality wins thing is just untrue. Virginia Tech will be an NCAA tournament team. It's a quality win.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Friday afternoon tip is ridiculous.

John Ramsey's statement that David Padgett is a better X's and O's coach that John Calipari is even more ridiculous.

Ramsey is the Louisville version of Matt Jones. Only difference is I don't know a single Louisville fan that doesn't think that guy is an idiot.

Was there a reason given by anyone for the Friday afternoon tip?

Not wanting to compete with bowl games on Saturday or something?

My understanding is that CBS likes it as a high-profile lead-in to their lone bowl game contract, the Sun Bowl, which immediately follows.

Drives me crazy, but CBS is pulling the strings as long as they’ve got the rights to the game.

I agree with the basic sentiment of your post, but the no quality wins thing is just untrue. Virginia Tech will be an NCAA tournament team. It's a quality win.

Agreed, they have no top 50 RPI wins and 3 in the top 100. VT is decent. They have plenty of top 50 games left, but they haven't proven much yet.

To some of the comments about the U.L. Coach. considering the situation that D. Padgett was named the Cards head coach .....imo Padgett is doing a very good job with U.L. . I haven't watched all their games, so some U.L. fans here may have a different, more accurate opinion than mine on Padgett.

As for this game, I think that it's a toss up and can see either team winning. As in most games anywhere ....whoever can control the boards, limit turnovers and defend will win. I'll give U.K. a slight edge with the game played in Rupp.

Kentucky 79

Louisville 75