December 21, 20178 yr Author Driving to Milwaukee for Work next week. Targeting departure Tues pm and returning Thurs. How bad might it be? I’ll post an update later today. I was in the process of doing it when my spectrum internet service went down. It just went back up but I’m at work now.
December 21, 20178 yr Headed to my sisters in Richmond, VA on Christmas Day and returning on December 28th weather dependent. This is a "like to" not "have to" trip. Covington to Richmond I-64 through WVA (through Beckley) and into VA. Everything on my Weather Channel app says fine until Saturday the 30th in Covington, Beckley and Richmond, VA. You have me concerned, though. Updates are great.
December 21, 20178 yr Author Driving to Milwaukee for Work next week. Targeting departure Tues pm and returning Thurs. How bad might it be? Just took a quick look. Now remember this is not a forecast. I'm just posting what the latest GFS model is showing for Milwaukee by the end of next week. It is showing anywhere from 14-18 inches by next Friday evening.
December 21, 20178 yr Author Headed to my sisters in Richmond, VA on Christmas Day and returning on December 28th weather dependent. This is a "like to" not "have to" trip. Covington to Richmond I-64 through WVA (through Beckley) and into VA. Everything on my Weather Channel app says fine until Saturday the 30th in Covington, Beckley and Richmond, VA. You have me concerned, though. Updates are great. As with my last post this is not a forecast by any means but the GFS is showing you should be ok but the Canadian wow! if we get what it is showing no one will be going anywhere. I'm real hesitant to post what it is now showing. It is hard to believe. We'll just have to wait and see.
December 21, 20178 yr As with my last post this is not a forecast by any means but the GFS is showing you should be ok but the Canadian wow! if we get what it is showing no one will be going anywhere. I'm real hesitant to post what it is now showing. It is hard to believe. We'll just have to wait and see. Impacting our area?
December 21, 20178 yr As with my last post this is not a forecast by any means but the GFS is showing you should be ok but the Canadian wow! if we get what it is showing no one will be going anywhere. I'm real hesitant to post what it is now showing. It is hard to believe. We'll just have to wait and see. Thanks I really don't have to make a decsion until Christmas morning. Hopefully, wewill have a better prognosis.
December 21, 20178 yr As with my last post this is not a forecast by any means but the GFS is showing you should be ok but the Canadian wow! if we get what it is showing no one will be going anywhere. I'm real hesitant to post what it is now showing. It is hard to believe. We'll just have to wait and see. C'mon. Come out of the cold (no pun intended) and make a prediction. No shame in being a bit wrong.
December 21, 20178 yr C'mon. Come out of the cold (no pun intended) and make a prediction. No shame in being a bit wrong. We don't rush greatness. nWo will let us know when he is ready.
December 21, 20178 yr @nWo, which (if either) model do you find to be accurate more often, the GFS or the Canadian?
December 21, 20178 yr Author @nWo, which (if either) model do you find to be accurate more often, the GFS or the Canadian? I would say the GFS because it is updated every 6 hours while the Canadian is only updated every twelve hours. Also, this will explain sometimes where the GFS will go back and forth because it is updated more often. For long range, I usually go GFS and Canadian. When we get within 3.5 days of a certain time period I'll generally go NAM and GFS. I also use the NAM 3km because it gives more of a hd look on the maps. The day of the event I try to use HRRR which only goes out 18 hours in the future but is refreshed every hour. Edited December 21, 20178 yr by nWo
December 22, 20178 yr Author My confidence is growing at the chance of a winter weather event affecting Kentucky for the last weekend of the year. I won't be able to post much info for now because I'm getting ready to leave for our holiday vacation. I'll try and update later this evening but for sure I should be able to in the morning.
December 23, 20178 yr My confidence is growing at the chance of a winter weather event affecting Kentucky for the last weekend of the year. I won't be able to post much info for now because I'm getting ready to leave for our holiday vacation. I'll try and update later this evening but for sure I should be able to in the morning. It sure does look that way. Might end up with some slick roads on Christmas in NKY. Winter setting in quickly it seems.
December 24, 20178 yr Author It appears that we may have a couple of chances of some accumulating snow to close out 2017. The first one will come late Thursday into Friday. Then our second chance looks to come on New Year's Eve. This radar simulation shows the possible snow on Thursday/Friday. The second simulation shows the system that could come through New Year's Eve. This last map shows some brutally cold temps to start out the new year. The highs look to be in the 20s on New Year's Day then plummet into single digits. As we go back to work on the second of January some may see temps around 0 or maybe below. I will update as time passes. So what snow we get next week may stick around a little while.
December 25, 20178 yr Author Christmas Morning update. First Merry Christmas to all on BGP. Some will see some snow showers or flurries off and on through the week. It is the weekend where things can get a bit on the rough side. As of this morning, snow looks to move in over the weekend with the best chance for accumulating snow will be Saturday afternoon/evening through Sunday. For now, it seems that the heaviest possible accumulations look to be from around the I-75 corridor eastward. But the big story may be the bitterly cold temperatures that look to come in after the snow moves out. Some will see below 0 temps and the highs may not reach the teens on New Year's Day. I'll try and update later today.
December 25, 20178 yr Thanks nWo. Gonna come home Wednesday to get ahead of it. Go back to VA on Monday or Tuesday depending on roads.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.