Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The Reds- Hot Stove Edition

Featured Replies

No bat...some speed...guess this means Todd Hollandsworth will not be resigned.

  • Replies 118
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Braves are listening to offers for second baseman Marcus Giles, who appears likely to be dealt for several reasons — his salary ($5.5 million or more in 2007), his pending free agency after next season, and organizational depth in middle-infield prospects. San Diego and Cincinnati are among teams interested in Giles. The Padres have a setup reliever the Braves covet, Scott Linebrink.

 

http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sports/braves/stories/2006/11/12/1113gmmeetings.html

What do the Reds have that the Braves covet? I'd love to have Giles and BP in the middle.

What do the Reds have that the Braves covet? I'd love to have Giles and BP in the middle.

 

Good question. I thought the same thing after reading the article and seeing what the Braves want from San Diego.

What do the Reds have that the Braves covet? I'd love to have Giles and BP in the middle.

 

It could simply be a salary dump and a desire to throw some younger players in there.

It could simply be a salary dump and a desire to throw some younger players in there.

And I have a feeling what young name that would be tossed around,,,,and I hope that Wayne has put out a blanket statement to the effect of,,,No Homer, No way, No how!, unless you'd package Brandon Webb for Homer and Dunn, and we'll toss in Larue for good measure.

As a side note, the new uniforms for next year will NOT have blue in them. :banana:

And I have a feeling what young name that would be tossed around,,,,and I hope that Wayne has put out a blanket statement to the effect of,,,No Homer, No way, No how!, unless you'd package Brandon Webb for Homer and Dunn, and we'll toss in Larue for good measure.

 

I can't imagine a team gutsy enough to ask for Homer when they're obviously trying to dump salary.

I can't imagine a team gutsy enough to ask for Homer when they're obviously trying to dump salary.

Why not? They have another year of him and salary dumped,,,,I'm sure that they aren't gonna go away empty-handed. And if they are in the market for young talent,,he surely is high on the list!

Why not? They have another year of him and salary dumped,,,,I'm sure that they aren't gonna go away empty-handed. And if they are in the market for young talent,,he surely is high on the list!

 

It would be wasted breath to ask for Homer for anyone named Giles.

It would be wasted breath to ask for Homer for anyone named Giles.

I'm sure you're right, I just wonder if we have the minor leaguer's to pull off such a deal. And frankly, as tight as Krivsky runs the ship monetarily speaking, he's out of our price range, unless we dump salary IMO!

What do the Reds have that the Braves covet? I'd love to have Giles and BP in the middle.

 

As a Braves fan for more years than I would ever want to admit (predating WTBS), I feel sure the Braves would like to have Ryan Freel. The Braves need a leadoff man who can play either second base or left field. There would have been an interest in Austin Kearns but, alas, you let the Nationals steal him. Pitchingwise, the Reds have less, in the majors and in the farm system, than the Braves so there is no help there.

 

I would trade Giles for Freel and Belisle (one of our old Myrtle Beach Pelicans).

Reds have signed Mike Stanton to a two-year deal

 

LINK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.