State Finals Ticket Prices

bruin66

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if there were any complaints when it was at WKU? I dont know all the facts as I never went to a game there but someone said yesterday that the ticket for WKU was 10$. Then there was additional money spent for parking sometimes up to 10$ more just for that. It is my understanding that the 13$ cover the parking expense as well as admission. So I guess my question is if that is true about WKU was there issues with the ticket price before now?

The day I pay $30 to watch a high school football game; somebody kick me in the head.

At WKU you could pay for parking if you chose to go into one of the structures, but there were plenty of lots where you didn’t have to pay a dime.

The general admission price is fine. The only issue I have is that the whole lower bowl needs to be general admission. It isn't a good set up when to sit on the 50 yardline of one side of the field is $25-$30. One team's fans will be designated to sit on that side but will be split up unless they pony up double the money to sit anywhere in between the 25 YL to 25 YL.

Unless you live near the venue, I don’t know that the ticket price means all that much. For those traveling, ticket prices are likely the cheapest part of the trip. Gas, food, hotel are all more significant. I don’t know that a $13 ticket is the breaking point for the “casual” fan.

Other than the Paddock and Woodford seating on the home side, I think $13 (which includes parking) is a good value.

Didn't WKU and Papa Johns also have some premium seating which included access to indoors? The difference, albeit a big one, is UK's premium seating are located in a premium section on the homeside.

I anticipate record crowds at this years state championships.

How many "casual" fans actually go to the state finals? I think that number is grossly overstated in both football and basketball.

$13 is not a bad price for admission and parking. If you think the $30 seats are too expensive, you aren't the demographic they are targeting. I'd bet those seats will be full every session.

I have three problems with it. 1) it's too much for a high school game 2) kids between the ages of 3-8 have to pay full price 3) fans on the home side of the field are forced to either buy the more expensive tickets or sit in seats near the end zones.

I think $8-10 would be a good price and kids under 8 should get in free

My brother bought a "cheaper" online $13 ticket yesterday. Cost him $18.55. I think I'll buy my $16 ticket at the gate.

Schools do not get an allotment of tickets to sell at the school like they used to.

Stupid WKU football team had to be good the last two years and screw up a good thing here in our part of the state. I'm joking...kind of.