November 28, 20178 yr Their first true road game is tomorrow. That'll be a wild environment but they should win on talent alone. They will lose some conference games. Indiana is awful this year, which is expected, so I expect Duke to win fairly easily.
November 28, 20178 yr Duke will not go 40-0. Yeah for sure. Not only that UK team from years back stacked and loaded they didnt have to go through the ACC.
November 28, 20178 yr Yeah for sure. Not only that UK team from years back stacked and loaded they didnt have to go through the ACC. And that has nothing to do with anything. No team in my lifetime has been able to do it so there's no reason to think Duke will. There were teams over the last 40 years that were better and more talented than this Duke team.
November 28, 20178 yr You don't follow basketball much do ya? Florida and Texas A&M have had good teams the last few years, and Florida since Billy Donovan arrived. Yeah, Kentucky may win the SEC more years than not but let's not act like it's a cake walk every single year, this year especially. UK hasnt had real competition in the SEC for the past 5 years.
November 28, 20178 yr And that has nothing to do with anything. Oh... Okay... My point about the ACC... Nevermind...
November 28, 20178 yr UK hasnt had real competition in the SEC for the past 5 years. There has been plenty of competition in the SEC and every other major conference.
November 28, 20178 yr UK hasnt had real competition in the SEC for the past 5 years. :lol2: :lol2: Okay buddy whatever you say, I guess Florida going to Final Fours the same years UK does isn't good enough competition.
November 28, 20178 yr UK hasnt had real competition in the SEC for the past 5 years. You're crazy. They almost lost to Florida once...
November 28, 20178 yr UK hasnt had real competition in the SEC for the past 5 years. You're crazy. They almost lost to Florida once... You all are just off in years. If you said three you would be correct. Since you said 5 you are not. Florida actually beat UK 3 times in 2014, they won the sec and was a 1 seed in the tournament and made the final four before losing to uconn. Who then beat UK in the finals.
November 28, 20178 yr Okay guys. I really didnt wanna waste 5 minutes to do this. Going back to 2011-2012... These numbers are from wiki so they could be a little wrong if so forgive me. I'll give you guys final record of the season and ranking going into the SEC Tournament of the top 3 teams of the SEC from 2011 til this past year. 2011-2012 #1 UK 38-2 #20 Vandy 25-11 #25 Florida 26-11 2012-2013 #14 Florida 29-8 NR Ole Miss 27-9 NR Alabama 23-13 (UK went 21-12) 2013-2014 #1 Florida 36-3 NR Kentucky 29-11 (the team that went deep as an 8? seed) Georgia 20-14 2014-2015 #1 UK 38-1 #21 Arkansas 27-9 NR LSU 22-11 2015-2016 #10 UK 27-9 #15 TAMU 28-9 NR South Carolina 25-9 2016-2017 #5 UK- 32-6 #20 Florida 27-9 NR Arkansas 26-10 In no way does that scream good compeition. You take UK out and the SEC looks like garbage.
November 28, 20178 yr :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: What a glorious thread... My Jaguars are actually relevant this year. I dont wanna touch college basketball yet. Unfortunatly here I am.
November 28, 20178 yr Okay guys. I really didnt wanna waste 5 minutes to do this. Going back to 2011-2012... These numbers are from wiki so they could be a little wrong if so forgive me. I'll give you guys final record of the season and ranking going into the SEC Tournament of the top 3 teams of the SEC from 2011 til this past year. 2011-2012 #1 UK 38-2 #20 Vandy 25-11 #25 Florida 26-11 2012-2013 #14 Florida 29-8 NR Ole Miss 27-9 NR Alabama 23-13 (UK went 21-12) 2013-2014 #1 Florida 36-3 NR Kentucky 29-11 (the team that went deep as an 8? seed) Georgia 20-14 2014-2015 #1 UK 38-1 #21 Arkansas 27-9 NR LSU 22-11 2015-2016 #10 UK 27-9 #15 TAMU 28-9 NR South Carolina 25-9 2016-2017 #5 UK- 32-6 #20 Florida 27-9 NR Arkansas 26-10 In no way does that scream good compeition. You take UK out and the SEC looks like garbage. Lost in translation. I think some were refuting that UK was the lone decent (not great)team the past X amount of years from the SEC. Then it turned into debating the overall strength of the conference, which nobody was doing. I will retire now from this silliness and direct this thread back to Duke-Florida. I am a fan of Mike White! I used to love him at Ole Miss and think he is a solid coach.
November 28, 20178 yr I am a fan of Mike White! I used to love him at Ole Miss and think he is a solid coach. I'll second that. On the short list of top young coaches in the game. Florida can go...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.