Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steven Cager Suspended Indefinitely

Featured Replies

Chris Jung is reporting that Steven Cager a senior basketball player at Hopkinsville has been indefinitely suspended from participating in high school athletics, including all basketball games and practices. According to his source this is not a team or KHSAA-mandated suspension.

Edited by Mike Baxter

"According to his source this is not a team or KHSAA-mandated suspension."

Does that mean the school suspended him?

 

I'm confused...

Darn I picked Hopkinsville in the Sweet 16 in November Contest. lol

I think it means the school suspended him but it's not clear.

@chrisjung

 

trying to find out more info on this....but haven't been able to. Anyone else hear anything more? Gotta know this for the 2nd Region preview coming...

I haven't heard how long it will be for but I have heard a rumor on why he was suspended. I don't think I'm allowed to post stuff like that on here though.

So sad. Rumor is that it will be for the full regular season. No idea if that is true. But if true, I'd say that opens up[ the 8th district. This was a long time coming according to many folks at Hoptown High. I don't think anybody is surprised. HOpe the kid gets things turned around.

Talked with his lawyer on appeal. They feel like they have a strong case for overturning the suspension. However, I do not know when the court date is.

Either way he will be back for the regional playoffs if he still wants to play.

Cager and his attorney need to look up the case of Tim Richmond from 1988 vs NASCAR.

 

There is no way to test truly treat a person fairly to ensure that the first test is performed properly if a separate retest is not performed with a separate lab. (Any athlete that signs a contract that allows the school board to perform testing without a two separate test process better toe the line--which they SHOULD be doing anyway--but there are quite a few examples of organizations jacking with test results to get rid of certain individuals).

 

If Cager wants to win this battle ... there are numerous points which can be gained by the case of Richmond (which was one of the biggest witch hunts in professional sports history ... and eventually led to the complete revamping of the NFL's drug testing policy).

Can you be charged criminally if you test positive for drugs in your system?

Can you be charged criminally if you test positive for drugs in your system?

 

Charged with what?

Charged with what?

 

Kinda what im asking, what could be the charge. Possession? Techincally your still in possession of the chemicals of the drug.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.