Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals @ Bucs Predictions

Featured Replies

How will the Bengals come out of the bye on the road against Tampa Bay? Here's the latest injury info from Crunute's blog after practice today...

Eric Steinbach was at center at the start of practice with the first-team offense this afternoon. Rookie Andrew Whitworth lined up at left guard, beside Steinbach.

 

Second-year lineman Eric Ghiaciuc, who started the previous two games at center, worked at center with the second-team offense, led by quarterback Anthony Wright.

 

Missing from the start of practice were strong safety Dexter Jackson and linebacker Rashad Jeanty, both starters on the defense the Bengals are hoping to get back for the game Sunday at Tampa Bay.

 

Fullback Jeremi Johnson was not in his practice uniform, but he did stretch with the team but wore a hooded sweatshirt.

 

Defensive end Robert Geathers and cornerback Greg Brooks, both of whom suffered sprained knees against New England in Week 4, were in practice gear for the start of the practice.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with Tampa Bay? A few years back, they win the Super Bowl... The next year,they're horrible... Last year, they run through the league and make the playoffs... The next year, they're horrible.

 

Bengals roll.

On paper, the Bengals should have an easy time; I'll say

 

Cincy 31

Tampa Bay 10

What's up with Tampa Bay? A few years back, they win the Super Bowl... The next year,they're horrible... Last year, they run through the league and make the playoffs... The next year, they're horrible.

 

Bengals roll.

Inconsistent beat-up offensive line and an OLD defense that cannot stop the run. When was the last time the Bucs where ranked 20th in total defense? 7th against the pass, 30th against the run. 30th????

 

As far as the offense....

 

Chucky blew it, IMO, by not playing the starters more than a few series in each of the pre-season games. I wondered about that all through the month of August. Chris Simms's timing was horrendous because he got so few reps in game situations in the pre-season. I think the Bucs started showing game one form in the second half of the Carolina game. The fact that Bruce Gradkowski got most of the pre-season reps may prove to be a blessing, given Chris will probably not be back this year.

 

It's the NFL. Anything can happen, but I'm not holding my breath for a win.

Bengals big here.

Bengals get back on track in a big way. Cincy - 38 / T.B. - 13.

This game scares me a little, and the Bengals have not played so well the last couple of games. I think it will be closer than most think.

 

Bengals 24

Bucs 21

  • Author
This game scares me a little, and the Bengals have not played so well the last couple of games. I think it will be closer than most think.

 

Bengals 24

Bucs 21

I'm with you on this one. I do feel a lot better about Steinbach at C over this next stretch of games...

I'm with you on this one. I do feel a lot better about Steinbach at C over this next stretch of games...

 

:thumb:

  • Author
:thumb:

Maybe not... :irked:

When asked who is going to start at center Sunday against the Bucs, head coach Marvin Lewis said, "I made that announcement four weeks ago," indicating Ghiaciuc.

Maybe not... :irked:

When asked who is going to start at center Sunday against the Bucs, head coach Marvin Lewis said, "I made that announcement four weeks ago," indicating Ghiaciuc.

 

:mad:

This is the first of 5 straight "scary" games for me as a Bengals fan. On paper, this one looks like Bengals big, but frankly, I don't buy that for a second. Having the rook at QB for TB helps Cincy's chances, but outside of that, this one smells like a home-dog upset to me.

 

The next 4 are no picnic either.

 

I'm hoping a late FG by Shayne can salvage a road win for the Bengals.

 

I don't understand your all's fascination with benching Ghiaciuc. I really don't. Are you guys really blaming all of the recent line breakdowns on him? Come on. If that was the case Marvin would have him out of there in a minute. Frankly, the sample on Whitworth is small, and since Levi is hobbled, I'm not sure I want our back-up LT playing center and then risk an in-game switch at that spot. Let's assume they know what's up and are playing the right guys. Give the young guy a break.

 

Let's hope we get out of TB with a big "w".

Not a prediction yet, BUT a hope...that Chad Johnson keeps it quiet this week and beats the crud out of the Bucs, with his ability to play football.

  • Author

I think Ghiaciuc is the right answer long term, but I don't think he's the best option in this stretch of the schedule. The Steelers and Pats blitzed over and over right up the gut, and we saw how often it ended in a hit on Carson. With two games on tape, and the style played in the NFC South, expect a lot of the same over the next month. I'll take the experience at full speed over the promising starter of the future in this situation...

I think Ghiaciuc is the right answer long term, but I don't think he's the best option in this stretch of the schedule. The Steelers and Pats blitzed over and over right up the gut, and we saw how often it ended in a hit on Carson. With two games on tape, and the style played in the NFC South, expect a lot of the same over the next month. I'll take the experience at full speed over the promising starter of the future in this situation...

Whitworth is experienced at left guard in the NFL? Are you saying that Steinbach can't make the line calls from left guard? Admittedly, I've never played O-line a day in my life, at any level, but I have to believe that someone other than the center is able to make the line calls occasionally? If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected, because again, I've never taken a snap in my life on the line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.